Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > how does digital wedding photographer work?

how does digital wedding photographer work?

peter

Some wedding photographers use digital cameras. Do they usually give the
original to the client, do they usually retouch the photos, do they usually
sell prints??

I'm asked to find a photographer for my friend who is getting married in
less than a month.

Joseph Meehan

peter wrote:
> Some wedding photographers use digital cameras. Do they usually give
> the original to the client, do they usually retouch the photos, do
> they usually sell prints??
>
> I'm asked to find a photographer for my friend who is getting married
> in less than a month.

There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the usual is
the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some will also
provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

Generally there is little or no retouching of the candids; only the
formals.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Adrian Boliston

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WCszg.39406$(E-Mail Removed).. .

> There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the usual is
> the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some will also
> provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

I would have thought that there would be increasing demand for photos in
digital format. I'd much rather have a collection of photos to view on my
pc than have a load of prints which need to be filed in cumbersome albums.

Roy G

"Adrian Boliston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WCszg.39406$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the usual is
>> the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some will
>> also provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

> I would have thought that there would be increasing demand for photos in
> digital format. I'd much rather have a collection of photos to view on my
> pc than have a load of prints which need to be filed in cumbersome albums.

I suppose you could always Glue or Nail a Flat Panel Screen to the wall in
your Lounge. There might be a few dead pixels after it has been showing the
same picture for a month or two.

Roy G

Shawn Hirn

In article <pRrzg.1461$ee1.211@trnddc06>, "peter" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Some wedding photographers use digital cameras. Do they usually give the
> original to the client, do they usually retouch the photos, do they usually
> sell prints??
>
> I'm asked to find a photographer for my friend who is getting married in
> less than a month.

When I was preparing to shoot the photos at my sister's wedding last
year, I found tons of helpful information just by doing a web search for
"wedding photographer."

Just do that search and visit the web sites that some wedding
photographers host and you'll find all the info you need.

Joseph Meehan

Adrian Boliston wrote:
> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WCszg.39406$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
>> There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the
>> usual is the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some
>> will also provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

> I would have thought that there would be increasing demand for photos
> in digital format. I'd much rather have a collection of photos to
> view on my pc than have a load of prints which need to be filed in
> cumbersome albums.

I would guess they are going to be reluctant to give away full size
files of the photos. After all them have traditionally made their money
from selling prints. Few ever gave or sold their negatives. Full size
files would be like the negatives.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

SkipM

What we do, and I speak only for us, not for any other wedding
photographers, is deliver a "flip book" of all the images from the wedding
as the "proofs." Additionally, with some of our packages, we deliver a set
of 4x6 "negatives" with rather low res that will print up to 4x6 but not
much beyond. Alternately, we sell the full size "negatives" with the
expectation that print sales will be minimal, at best. Album design is
where we make up the difference.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

editor@netpath.net

Major issue: PAYMENT. Collections is problematic - at least for
semipro photographers doing weddings; you may end up taking payment in
used cars - like a neighbor who did this!
If you don't get advance payment in wedding photography - or at
least a BIG deposit - expect to get burned.