Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > RE- DSLR's that take AA batteries

RE- DSLR's that take AA batteries

Clive

I myself try to buy electrical goods/gadgets that use either AA
batteries, or can be charged from a USB port.

I have two adaptors that allow USB charging from 12v auto (i.e. cigar
lighter) in my car or the same USB lead from mains electricity. Less
chargers /adaptors to carry.

I like AA batteries not just because they can be bought easily in most
places on the planet, but suppose you forget your mains
charger/adaptor, or their is a power cut, etc. With a couple of packs
of AA batteries, I always have power.

I also carry a universal solar AA charger adaptor, that replaces 5 OEM
adaptors,

Scott in Florida

On 31 Jul 2006 08:58:44 -0700, "Clive" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I myself try to buy electrical goods/gadgets that use either AA
>batteries, or can be charged from a USB port.
>
>I have two adaptors that allow USB charging from 12v auto (i.e. cigar
>lighter) in my car or the same USB lead from mains electricity. Less
>chargers /adaptors to carry.
>
>I like AA batteries not just because they can be bought easily in most
>places on the planet, but suppose you forget your mains
>charger/adaptor, or their is a power cut, etc. With a couple of packs
>of AA batteries, I always have power.
>
>I also carry a universal solar AA charger adaptor, that replaces 5 OEM
>adaptors,

Then the Canon 5D would be perfect for you!

Buy it and the optional battery grip and you are in AA heaven <g>

--

Scott in Florida

gypsy3001@yahoo.com

Clive wrote:
> I myself try to buy electrical goods/gadgets that use either AA
> batteries, or can be charged from a USB port.

You didn't mentione the intent of your message, but your subject seems
to indicate that you are looking for a DSLR that can use AA batteries.
Here are various DSLR's that would take AA batteries:
http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/D...LR_camera.html

Chieh