Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Removal of Pet "Red Eye" Question???

Removal of Pet "Red Eye" Question???

Steven Wandy

We have a lovely Shih Tzu puppy. When I need to use a flash to take
his picture - he rarely sits still - occassionally I will only have
time to use the small on-camera flash. Often this results in "yellow
eye" (or the pet equivalent of human's Red Eye). I have an action for
PS that will remove Red Eye (or can use the Red Eye tool in PSCS2)
however it does not work on "Yellow Eye" or even "Green Eye" (in
cats). Any suggestions?
Thanks, Steve

~Echo

Fixing Pet Eye: No More Demon-Eyed Cats and Dogs!
http://graphicssoft.about.com/b/a/230830.htm

Fixing Demonic Pet Eyes
http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/peteyes/peteyes.htm

"Steven Wandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a lovely Shih Tzu puppy. When I need to use a flash to take
> his picture - he rarely sits still - occassionally I will only have
> time to use the small on-camera flash. Often this results in "yellow
> eye" (or the pet equivalent of human's Red Eye). I have an action for
> PS that will remove Red Eye (or can use the Red Eye tool in PSCS2)
> however it does not work on "Yellow Eye" or even "Green Eye" (in
> cats). Any suggestions?
> Thanks, Steve

Kill your Television

try Pet Eye Pilot

Roy G

"Steven Wandy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a lovely Shih Tzu puppy. When I need to use a flash to take
> his picture - he rarely sits still - occassionally I will only have
> time to use the small on-camera flash. Often this results in "yellow
> eye" (or the pet equivalent of human's Red Eye). I have an action for
> PS that will remove Red Eye (or can use the Red Eye tool in PSCS2)
> however it does not work on "Yellow Eye" or even "Green Eye" (in
> cats). Any suggestions?
> Thanks, Steve

Hi.

Even after using Red Eye correction in Post Processing, it quite often gives
an eye which does not look exactly "right".

It is much better to avoid getting Red / Green eye in the first place.

Use more distance between the Flash Head and the Lens.

Your puppy is quite small so even an On Shoe Flash could solve the problem.
Leave the Gun attached to the Camera and somewhere handy, so that you will
be ready to take some flawless masterpieces whenever the opportunity
presents.

Roy G