Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Novice needs Help!

Novice needs Help!

John

I'm a complete novice re digital cameras and my last 35mm was a
Voitlander Vito-IIB (many years ago)

I just bought a Samsung S500 and like the camera except for the fact
that when viewing pics in the play back mode icons appear in the upper
left hand corner (battery state and FWD button) and the serial # of the
pic is in the upper right hand corner. They also appear when viewing on
a TV screen or when posting in emails.

I've talked with the maker about it and they say there is no way to
eliminate this problem and the data won't appear on prints.

I'm looking for camera suggestions that don't have this problem in the
$150-200 USD range.

Thanks
John
Emails O.K.

newcamz.blogspot.com

John wrote:

> I'm looking for camera suggestions that don't have this problem in the
> $150-200 USD range.
>
> Thanks
> John
> Emails O.K.

Hi,

Recommended cameras under $200 posted at:
http://under200camz.blogspot.com/

You can also visit, when free:
http://newcamz.blogspot.com

Roy G

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm a complete novice re digital cameras and my last 35mm was a
> Voitlander Vito-IIB (many years ago)
>
> I just bought a Samsung S500 and like the camera except for the fact
> that when viewing pics in the play back mode icons appear in the upper
> left hand corner (battery state and FWD button) and the serial # of the
> pic is in the upper right hand corner. They also appear when viewing on
> a TV screen or when posting in emails.
>
> I've talked with the maker about it and they say there is no way to
> eliminate this problem and the data won't appear on prints.
>
> I'm looking for camera suggestions that don't have this problem in the
> $150-200 USD range.
>
> Thanks
> John
> Emails O.K.

Hi.

It is quite normal for Data and Info to be shown on the LCD screen while
reviewing an Image. A lot of cameras allow you to change to a different
view, which does not include any Data.

If the Camera Data still appears on the image after you have downloaded it
to a computer, and disconnected the Camera, then it will appear on any
Print.

If it appears only while you are reading the image file with the camera
still connected to the Computer or TV, then it might not show in a Print.

Roy G

m Ransley

My sonys allow me to turn off the lcd or just remove data when viewing,
does yours have an eye viewer , if not I can see why there is no Lcd
function. Go try them out at stores, it should be a common feature.