Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Digital Compact Enquiry

Digital Compact Enquiry

John Turco

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> How many photos are you going to take?
>
> The Fugifilm F30 gets over 500 photos on a single charge
>
> Also becuse it has mind blowing low light ability, it hardly uses the
> flash either..
>
> The F30 is THE compact of the moment, near SLR quality is what all the
> tests have discovered
>
> K202

<edited, for brevity>

Hello, Kinga202:

C'mon, man! Post some shots, somewhere, snapped by this devastating
device of yours.

You gonna put your megapixels, where your mouth is, or what? <G>

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com

John Turco wrote:
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> >
> > How many photos are you going to take?
> >
> > The Fugifilm F30 gets over 500 photos on a single charge
> >
> > Also becuse it has mind blowing low light ability, it hardly uses the
> > flash either..
> >
> > The F30 is THE compact of the moment, near SLR quality is what all the
> > tests have discovered
> >
> > K202

> <edited, for brevity>
>
> Hello, Kinga202:
>
> C'mon, man! Post some shots, somewhere, snapped by this devastating
> device of yours.
>
> You gonna put your megapixels, where your mouth is, or what? <G>

Do u want photos from my old workhorse Finepix F420 [Over 10,000 photos
taken] its the only digital i have and use.And hey its great! [Save for
battery life]

Sure its old but does the job and the F30 is W A Y off purchase for me

Of course if you want to *loan* me one i would be happy to show you my
photo taking skills

Cheers

K202

> Cordially,
> John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Turco

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> John Turco wrote:
> > "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> > >
> > > How many photos are you going to take?
> > >
> > > The Fugifilm F30 gets over 500 photos on a single charge
> > >
> > > Also becuse it has mind blowing low light ability, it hardly uses the
> > > flash either..
> > >
> > > The F30 is THE compact of the moment, near SLR quality is what all the
> > > tests have discovered
> > >
> > > K202

> > <edited, for brevity>
> >
> > Hello, Kinga202:
> >
> > C'mon, man! Post some shots, somewhere, snapped by this devastating
> > device of yours.
> >
> > You gonna put your megapixels, where your mouth is, or what? <G>

> Do u want photos from my old workhorse Finepix F420 [Over 10,000 photos
> taken] its the only digital i have and use.And hey its great! [Save for
> battery life]
>
> Sure its old but does the job and the F30 is W A Y off purchase for me

Hello, Kinga202:

Sorry, I got the mistaken impression that you already owned a F30.

> Of course if you want to *loan* me one i would be happy to show you my
> photo taking skills
>
> Cheers
>
> K202

How could an incurable Kodakaholic, such as myself, ever "loan" anybody
a Fuji camera? It's absolutely unthinkable!

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Keith Sheppard

>>Open to any recommends of make, compact size and lightweight but main
>>priority is must have AA for power.

Your requirements sound similar to mine. I eventually opted for the Canon
Powershot A700. I've only had it a week but so far am very happy with it.

Like you, I specifically wanted AA batteries for use in the (very large)
field and light weight/pocketable. There are lighter cameras than the Canon
(200g without batteries) but the weight is acceptable (compared with my 540g
Olympus). 6x optical zoom is nice but lack of image stabilisation is a bit
of a downer. Full manual control over focus and exposure was another of my
requirements.

Keith

Tony H.

"SMS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44ca4721$0$96159$(E-Mail Removed)...
| <<<Tony H.>>> wrote:
| > Hi, I travel abroad on mountaineering expeditions for long time periods
and
| > in addition to my DSLR Nikon require a small lightweight camera which
takes
| > the AA batteries because there is nowhere to recharge the L-ion type,
| > without solar panel chargers etc which are usually too fragile and
| > temperamental.
| >
| > I currently have a 5yr old Sony DSC P71 3.2mp camera which is now a bit
| > tired and worn and can be erratic.
| >
| > Open to any recommends of make, compact size and lightweight but main
| > priority is must have AA for power.
|
| Canon A610 or A620 are about your only good choices. There is also the
| Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5, but this is not a good choice.
|
| Just curious, but are you saying that there are places to buy AA
| batteries, but no places to charge Li-Ion batteries? If I were going
| mountaineering for long periods of time without access to stores or
| power, I'd insist on Li-Ion batteries, as they are so much more dense in
| terms of power/weight and power/size.

I take lithium batteries with me from the UK, but am away from a power
supply for up to 6wks and in the extreme cold typically -15C the batteries
discharge much more quickly but at least I can keep some AAs on my person to
benefit from body heat.

Thanks for the recommend.
Rgds

Tony H.

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely look at the Canons. Tried to get
the Sony W5 or 7 but no longer in supply.
Rgds

"Keith Sheppard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4Tkzg.7703$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >>Open to any recommends of make, compact size and lightweight but main
| >>priority is must have AA for power.
| Your requirements sound similar to mine. I eventually opted for the Canon
| Powershot A700. I've only had it a week but so far am very happy with it.
|
| Like you, I specifically wanted AA batteries for use in the (very large)
| field and light weight/pocketable. There are lighter cameras than the
Canon
| (200g without batteries) but the weight is acceptable (compared with my
540g
| Olympus). 6x optical zoom is nice but lack of image stabilisation is a
bit
| of a downer. Full manual control over focus and exposure was another of
my
| requirements.
|
| Keith

ASAAR

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:19:47 +0100, Tony H. wrote:

> | Just curious, but are you saying that there are places to buy AA
> | batteries, but no places to charge Li-Ion batteries? If I were going
> | mountaineering for long periods of time without access to stores or
> | power, I'd insist on Li-Ion batteries, as they are so much more dense in
> | terms of power/weight and power/size.
> |

> I take lithium batteries with me from the UK, but am away from a power
> supply for up to 6wks and in the extreme cold typically -15C the batteries
> discharge much more quickly but at least I can keep some AAs on my person to
> benefit from body heat.

In such cold weather consider using non-rechargeable lithium AA
batteries instead of alkaline or NiMH batteries. Keeping the camera
close to your body may still be warranted, but only for the camera,
as lithium AA batteries are better suited for cold weather than even
rechargeable Li-Ion batteries. They're rated for use down to -40C,
and by a coincidence it's the same temperature as -40F.

A slight drawback is that they're more expensive, but they have
other benefits in that AA lithium batteries weigh much less than
alkaline and NiMH batteries, and that when used in some cameras,
lithiums can last 2 to 3 times longer than alkaline AA batteries.

Enquiry Ogunjobi Laide MCSE 1 09-26-2004 10:06 PM
Okay... compact film vs compact digital .. Mike Henley Digital Photography 15 06-22-2004 07:32 PM
General Enquiry on Privacy Policy Hermit Dave ASP .Net 10 01-28-2004 11:29 PM
startup enquiry tanuj sood MCSD 5 01-12-2004 08:18 PM
Enquiry Enudi solomon MCSD 14 01-06-2004 04:32 PM

Advertisments