Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D80...

Nikon D80...

sid derra

....actually looking genuine:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/n...pics-revealed/

k-man

I saw that same page this morning.

I think it's probably accurate. I like the IR sensor and wish the D200
had one. I don't like the silver shutter button. Though I like the CF
door. I hate the CF door on my D70s. The D70s takes excellent
pictures, though, and I don't know that I'll be able to justify
upgrading. I'd like to see how much that puppy will cost.

Kevin

sid derra wrote:
> ...actually looking genuine:
> http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/n...pics-revealed/

sierra

Think it's a SD door, as the D50

k-man wrote:
> I saw that same page this morning.
>
> I think it's probably accurate. I like the IR sensor and wish the D200
> had one. I don't like the silver shutter button. Though I like the CF
> door. I hate the CF door on my D70s. The D70s takes excellent
> pictures, though, and I don't know that I'll be able to justify
> upgrading. I'd like to see how much that puppy will cost.
>
> Kevin
>

> sid derra wrote:
> > ...actually looking genuine:
> > http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/n...pics-revealed/

Denny B

k-man wrote:

I hate the CF door on my D70s.

> sid derra wrote:
>> ...actually looking genuine:
>> http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/n...pics-revealed/

Kevin

What's wrong with the D70s door?
Your statement about the door is stupid.
I have a D70s door, perfectly located,
perfectly functional.

You should think first with your brain
before trying to exert your freedom of
speech.

Denny B

bmoag

Any stores taking pre-orders?

k-man

Yep, I later read something that also said it's an SD door.

Thanks.
Kevin

sierra wrote:
> Think it's a SD door, as the D50
>
> k-man wrote:
> > I saw that same page this morning.
> >
> > I think it's probably accurate. I like the IR sensor and wish the D200
> > had one. I don't like the silver shutter button. Though I like the CF
> > door. I hate the CF door on my D70s. The D70s takes excellent
> > pictures, though, and I don't know that I'll be able to justify
> > upgrading. I'd like to see how much that puppy will cost.
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > sid derra wrote:
> > > ...actually looking genuine:
> > > http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/n...pics-revealed/

k-man

Climb out of your bubble, you jackass. My statement was an opinion. I
think the door hinge is flimsy, the door itself doesn't fit snugly
enough and I don't like the latch. So, I don't like it. Yes, I like
the location and the functionality is fine for me as well; but I don't
like the quality. Compare it to the D200's door and you'll see what I
mean.

Kevin

Denny B wrote:
> k-man wrote:
>
> I hate the CF door on my D70s.
>
> > sid derra wrote:
> >> ...actually looking genuine:
> >> http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/n...pics-revealed/

> Kevin
>

> What's wrong with the D70s door?
> Your statement about the door is stupid.
> I have a D70s door, perfectly located,
> perfectly functional.
>
> You should think first with your brain
> before trying to exert your freedom of
> speech.
>
> Denny B

Denny B

k-man wrote:
> Climb out of your bubble, you jackass. My statement was an opinion. I
> think the door hinge is flimsy, the door itself doesn't fit snugly
> enough and I don't like the latch. So, I don't like it. Yes, I like
> the location and the functionality is fine for me as well; but I don't
> like the quality. Compare it to the D200's door and you'll see what I
> mean.
>
> Kevin

You sound like one of those clowns
whose always concerned with what's new.
I don't give a hoot about the D200 door.

Denny B

> Denny B wrote:
>> k-man wrote:
>>
>> I hate the CF door on my D70s.

>> Kevin
>>

>> What's wrong with the D70s door?
>> Your statement about the door is stupid.
>> I have a D70s door, perfectly located,
>> perfectly functional.
>>
>> You should think first with your brain
>> before trying to exert your freedom of
>> speech.
>>
>> Denny B

k-man

And you sound like you're 12 years old.

I appreciate quality. As a whole, the D70s is of fine quality. The
door, however, is not of fine quality and seems out of place with the
rest of the camera. I've taken thousands of shots with the D70s and
will continue to take thousands more with it. However, I will still
dislike the door. I HATE IT! Does that offend you?

Kevin

Denny B wrote:
> k-man wrote:
> > Climb out of your bubble, you jackass. My statement was an opinion. I
> > think the door hinge is flimsy, the door itself doesn't fit snugly
> > enough and I don't like the latch. So, I don't like it. Yes, I like
> > the location and the functionality is fine for me as well; but I don't
> > like the quality. Compare it to the D200's door and you'll see what I
> > mean.
> >
> > Kevin

> You sound like one of those clowns
> whose always concerned with what's new.
> I don't give a hoot about the D200 door.
>
> Denny B

> > Denny B wrote:
> >> k-man wrote:
> >>
> >> I hate the CF door on my D70s.

> >> Kevin
> >>

> >> What's wrong with the D70s door?
> >> Your statement about the door is stupid.
> >> I have a D70s door, perfectly located,
> >> perfectly functional.
> >>
> >> You should think first with your brain
> >> before trying to exert your freedom of
> >> speech.
> >>
> >> Denny B

Denny B

k-man wrote:
> And you sound like you're 12 years old.

Oh, how I wish I was 12 years old again.
Actually I have 45 years of servicing electronics
behind me, also that many years dealing with photography.
I still spend 8 hours a day servicing and over the years
have seen my share of different doors on cameras, camcorders,
remotes, video and audio devices etc.

> I appreciate quality. As a whole, the D70s is of fine quality. The
> door, however, is not of fine quality and seems out of place with the
> rest of the camera. I've taken thousands of shots with the D70s and
> will continue to take thousands more with it.

However, I will still
> dislike the door. I HATE IT! Does that offend you?

I am glad for you that you dislike the door. However
none of what you state about the door is fact.
I always appreciate quality.

Denny B