Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dynamite F30 !!

Dynamite F30 !!

Olivier

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) avait écrit le 25.07.2006 :
> Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
>
> And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
> or Fuji with stabilization...
> eheheh
> this is a new era...

I just received mine today !

I am not a good photograph, but I tooked some nice night pictures that
was really great for me, comparing to my "old" Nikon argentic camera.

And it is so small than it feet well in the pocket.

Will see more in next days

Best regards,

Olivier

Hebee Jeebes

Well, since you don't walk around carrying a CCD chip to take photos, you
carry a camera you statement is just lame. Understand? It is the whole
package and not just one part of the package. That is like buying a BMW
because you like the emblem.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
>
> And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
> or Fuji with stabilization...
> eheheh
> this is a new era...

INDEED!

Its THE best Compact ATM

Watch out though, the do_gooders here @ re.digital go all feral if you
mention that!
:
Excellent resolution
Class-leading high ISO performance; superb results up to ISO 400
Surprisingly good ISO 800 performance
Very low shutter lag
Class-leading battery life
Clean, sharp results
Superb build and handling
Good flash performance
Decent movie mode
Fast, reliable focus
AF illuminator
Large clear screen
More manual control and additional scene modes make it a more versatile
tool than the F10

Daryl Bryant

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Roy G wrote:
> > <tir

> Did I see a posting last week, thanking the heavens that a certain
> Troll
> seemed to have vanished up his own arsehole??

LOL - Talk about anal!!

It's called sarcasm - is a bit funny don't you think?

Roy G

Isn't that sweet.

I seem to have got myself a new little pet, which is following me everywhere
I go.

Roy G

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Roy G wrote:
>> <tir

> Did I see a posting last week, thanking the heavens that a certain
> Troll

> seemed to have vanished up his own arsehole??
>
> Talk about tempting fate.

Kinon O'Cann

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Wizard it has spoken!!! http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/FujifilmF30/
>>
>> And now,Canon S3 and Pana FZ5 with this ccd.....
>> or Fuji with stabilization...
>> eheheh
>> this is a new era...

It is. When a camera that can't capture highlight and shadow detail in
daylight is "highly recommended," we've really hit new lows when it comes to
photo quality. Sorry, but this is a sucky little cam.

newcamz.blogspot.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> this is a new era...

CNET editors' review: 7 out of 10.
http://reviews.cnet.com/Nikon_Coolpi...-31736759.html

Cheers!
http://newcamz.blogspot.com

Bill Tuthill

J. Clarke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If Fuji would put that CCD in a body with the feature set of, say, a
> Panasonic FZ20, then they might have something really decent, but the best
> CCD in the world doesn't do you a damned bit of good if the only lens you
> can put in front of it is a blob of used Preparation H!!!!!!!!!

Except for purple fringing, which might be a lens problem, this looks like
quite a good lens, judging by the Dpreview.com review: zero pincushion
distortion at the long end, hardly any barrel distortion at the short end,
and excellent edge to edge sharpness.

Overexposure in bright conditions, and lack of optical viewfinder, would be
the main issues for me. Some reviewers complain about lack of easy access
to WB settings, but I can't judge white balance until post-processing anyway.

Bill Tuthill

Kinon O'Cann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It is. When a camera that can't capture highlight and shadow detail in
> daylight is "highly recommended," we've really hit new lows when it comes to
> photo quality. Sorry, but this is a sucky little cam.

What pocketable digicams do you recommend that can readily capture
highlight detail, without a lot of exposure compensation and so forth?

Shadow detail is quite easy to recover during postprocessing
in most digicam images I see. But not many (non-DSLR) digicams
produce good highlight detail. So I await your answer.

SMS

J. Clarke wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Kinon O'cann ha scritto:
>>
>>> Right. Read the negatives: it loses highlight and shadow detail, has some
>>> purple fringing,

>> Yes,but the real revolution aren't a camera or lens but...ccd!!!!!!!!!
>> Understand??

> If Fuji would put that CCD in a body with the feature set of, say, a
> Panasonic FZ20, then they might have something really decent, but the best
> CCD in the world doesn't do you a damned bit of good if the only lens you
> can put in front of it is a blob of used Preparation H!!!!!!!!!
> Understand??

Yeah, why can't Fuji team up with someone like Panasonic and use the CCD
that's in the F30, with an FZ30? In the FZ30 you've got close to the
"perfect" camera, except that the sensor is too noisy, and in the F30
you've got a good sensor surrounded by a defeatured body.