Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Making photobooks

Making photobooks

mineapollo@gmail.com

Hi all,
Ive been looking into making a photo book. I've looked into qoop,
viovio, shutterfly and several others for a nice elegant hardback
format (landscape) for my collection. But none of them seem to produce
the 'dust jacket' (dont know if thats the right term). Anyone have any
suggestions on who (if anyone) would do that online? ie. a hardcover
book with a customisable dust jacket?

Any suggestions as to who the best company to go to is for photo books?

thanks

Pat

I've never used them, but try www.pictobooks.com

> Hi all,
> Ive been looking into making a photo book. I've looked into qoop,
> viovio, shutterfly and several others for a nice elegant hardback
> format (landscape) for my collection. But none of them seem to produce
> the 'dust jacket' (dont know if thats the right term). Anyone have any
> suggestions on who (if anyone) would do that online? ie. a hardcover
> book with a customisable dust jacket?
>
> Any suggestions as to who the best company to go to is for photo books?
>

> thanks

SkipM

If you want a very high quality book, try:
http://asukabook.com/
We've used them, and are extremely satisfied with the results.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all,
> Ive been looking into making a photo book. I've looked into qoop,
> viovio, shutterfly and several others for a nice elegant hardback
> format (landscape) for my collection. But none of them seem to produce
> the 'dust jacket' (dont know if thats the right term). Anyone have any
> suggestions on who (if anyone) would do that online? ie. a hardcover
> book with a customisable dust jacket?
>
> Any suggestions as to who the best company to go to is for photo books?
>

> thanks

mineapollo@gmail.com

Know of anyone in the UK? Im in Mauritius, so getting from USA could be
tricky.

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Know of anyone in the UK? Im in Mauritius, so getting from USA could be
> tricky.

If you use a Mac with iPhoto 6, you can produce very nice cloth-bound
photo books via Apple's online service and the price is competitive. I
did an 80 page photo book for my sister's wedding using photos that a
friend and I shot at their wedding. My sister and her husband were
thrilled with the results. I also produced a smaller photo book for each
set of parents and they were also very happy with the results.

mineapollo@gmail.com

yep i saw that, but as i mentioned higher up, im looking for something
with a dust jacket...im quite surprised that they seem to be so
rare...any idea why that is?

Thanks

Shawn Hirn wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Know of anyone in the UK? Im in Mauritius, so getting from USA could be
> > tricky.

> If you use a Mac with iPhoto 6, you can produce very nice cloth-bound
> photo books via Apple's online service and the price is competitive. I
> did an 80 page photo book for my sister's wedding using photos that a
> friend and I shot at their wedding. My sister and her husband were
> thrilled with the results. I also produced a smaller photo book for each
> set of parents and they were also very happy with the results.

Don

Try Momento.com

I have used them and they have a very high quality product with a dust
jacket.

regards

Don
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...