Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless card; speed?

wireless card; speed?

=?Utf-8?B?a2Nt?=

Can someone pls tell me how to find out the speed of a wireless network card
that came installed in my Dell laptop? Where to look???
thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?TUdJSUk=?=

802.11B = 11mps operates on 2.4Ghz
802.11G = 54mps operates on 2.4Ghz
802.11a = 54mps operates on 5.4Ghz

"kcm" wrote:

> Can someone pls tell me how to find out the speed of a wireless network card
> that came installed in my Dell laptop? Where to look???
> thanks!

Pavel A.

"kcm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone pls tell me how to find out the speed of a wireless network card
> that came installed in my Dell laptop? Where to look???

The actual speed of wireless connection changes frequently due to various conditions.
The current speed can be found in the Statistics box of the network connection or in Network tab of task manager. More stats can
be found using Performance monitor (packets sent/received/sec...).

--PA