Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > WARNING CSI Photo Web Site

WARNING CSI Photo Web Site

Beach Runner

Do a Frugal search for SD700, and you will a great price offered
by CSI Photo, (also called Camera City)

I ordered one, and then they called me wanting to sell me triple priced
memory and batteries. They said it didn't come with a charger or a
basic
battery. When you order it from this American Store, also called
Camera City, they don't say it's an IPEX, not the American version
and does not include the regular Cannon package.

I cancelled the order.

I then went to EBAY, bought a package from EBAY, the seller saying
it was the American version, and included the battery, charger, memory
and
What was included.

Thene, the seller of the same product sent me that freaking foreign
stripped version.
Incensed, I called back CSI and spoke with the same person that tried
to sell me the overpriced assessories, so he dropped me.

I then realized they both came from the same name of the dealer, the
American package
and that foreign, incomplete package. He said I was sent the wrong
camera. Out of the
kindness of my heart I said I'd send the wrong camera back to him.
Still did not
get my SD700. he said he'd send it when he received the foreign,
stripped version
back.

I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
next weekend.

In Short, stay away from CSI.

Hebee Jeebes

Well, that's what happens why try to buy on the cheap. Go with a good
company and stay away from screw-bay and you should be fine. B & H is a good
place to go.

"Beach Runner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Do a Frugal search for SD700, and you will a great price offered
> by CSI Photo, (also called Camera City)
>
> I ordered one, and then they called me wanting to sell me triple priced
> memory and batteries. They said it didn't come with a charger or a
> basic
> battery. When you order it from this American Store, also called
> Camera City, they don't say it's an IPEX, not the American version
> and does not include the regular Cannon package.
>
> I cancelled the order.
>
> I then went to EBAY, bought a package from EBAY, the seller saying
> it was the American version, and included the battery, charger, memory
> and
> What was included.
>

> Thene, the seller of the same product sent me that freaking foreign
> stripped version.
> Incensed, I called back CSI and spoke with the same person that tried
> to sell me the overpriced assessories, so he dropped me.
>

> I then realized they both came from the same name of the dealer, the
> American package
> and that foreign, incomplete package. He said I was sent the wrong
> camera. Out of the
> kindness of my heart I said I'd send the wrong camera back to him.
> Still did not
> get my SD700. he said he'd send it when he received the foreign,
> stripped version
> back.
>
> I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
> next weekend.
>

> In Short, stay away from CSI.

Beach Runner

Hebee Jeebes wrote:
> Well, that's what happens why try to buy on the cheap. Go with a good
> company and stay away from screw-bay and you should be fine. B & H is a good
> place to go.

> "Beach Runner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Do a Frugal search for SD700, and you will a great price offered
> > by CSI Photo, (also called Camera City)
> >
> > I ordered one, and then they called me wanting to sell me triple priced
> > memory and batteries. They said it didn't come with a charger or a
> > basic
> > battery. When you order it from this American Store, also called
> > Camera City, they don't say it's an IPEX, not the American version
> > and does not include the regular Cannon package.
> >
> > I cancelled the order.
> >
> > I then went to EBAY, bought a package from EBAY, the seller saying
> > it was the American version, and included the battery, charger, memory
> > and
> > What was included.
> >

> > Thene, the seller of the same product sent me that freaking foreign
> > stripped version.
> > Incensed, I called back CSI and spoke with the same person that tried
> > to sell me the overpriced assessories, so he dropped me.
> >

> > I then realized they both came from the same name of the dealer, the
> > American package
> > and that foreign, incomplete package. He said I was sent the wrong
> > camera. Out of the
> > kindness of my heart I said I'd send the wrong camera back to him.
> > Still did not
> > get my SD700. he said he'd send it when he received the foreign,
> > stripped version
> > back.
> >
> > I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
> > next weekend.
> >

> > In Short, stay away from CSI.

I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
continue
to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

Matt Clara

"Beach Runner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
<SNIP>
>> > I need that camera for various reasons, including a trip I'm taking
>> > next weekend.
>> >

>> > In Short, stay away from CSI.
>> >

> I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
> continue
> to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

There are a couple stores on there I've used that can be trusted, but you
won't get any big breaks from them, because they can't go too low, not on
new equipment, anyway.

--
Regards,
Matt Clara

Beach Runner

Matt Clara wrote:
> "Beach Runner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> <SNIP>

> > I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
> > continue
> > to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.
> >

> There are a couple stores on there I've used that can be trusted, but you
> won't get any big breaks from them, because they can't go too low, not on
> new equipment, anyway.

Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
Camera City.

It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
list that
it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
astronomical
prices to make the camera functional.

> --
> Regards,
> Matt Clara
> www.mattclara.com

DFS

> Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
> Camera City.
>
> It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
> list that
> it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
> astronomical
> prices to make the camera functional.

>> Regards,
>> Matt Clara
>> www.mattclara.com

CCI Camera City has a resellerratings score of 0.73 They are located in
Brooklyn.

.... just a couple of things you might have considered before placing an
order.

Of course they lie cheat and steal. That, not camera sales is their
business.

ds

Beach Runner

DFS wrote:

> > Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
> > Camera City.
> >
> > It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
> > list that
> > it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
> > astronomical
> > prices to make the camera functional.

> >> Regards,
> >> Matt Clara
> >> www.mattclara.com

> CCI Camera City has a resellerratings score of 0.73 They are located in
> Brooklyn.
>
> ... just a couple of things you might have considered before placing an
> order.
>
> Of course they lie cheat and steal. That, not camera sales is their
> business.
>
> ds

Obviously. But where did you find that sellers rating?

J. Clarke

Beach Runner wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>> >
>> > Actually, the company that tried to rip me off was CSI, also listed as
>> > Camera City.
>> >
>> > It was NOT an EBAY deal. Go ahead an google for SD700. They don't
>> > list that
>> > it is a foreign camera, lacking everything, and then wanting to charge
>> > astronomical
>> > prices to make the camera functional.

>> CCI Camera City has a resellerratings score of 0.73 They are located in
>> Brooklyn.
>>
>> ... just a couple of things you might have considered before placing an
>> order.
>>
>> Of course they lie cheat and steal. That, not camera sales is their
>> business.
>>
>> ds

> Obviously. But where did you find that sellers rating?

resellerratings. <http://www.resellerratings.com> Always check there
before you buy online from an unfamiliar vendor. If they're brand new or
super specialized they may not appear on that site, but if they've been in
business for a while they will, and .73 is _spectacularly_ bad.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Annika1980

Beach Runner wrote:

> I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
> continue
> to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

And you'll continue to get ripped off. Stick with reputable dealers
like B&H.

J. Clarke

Annika1980 wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>> I've been using EBAY since the 90s. Here's my conclussion. I will
>> continue
>> to by from individuals, but no more stores or power sellers.

> And you'll continue to get ripped off. Stick with reputable dealers
> like B&H.

Personally I've never been "ripped off" on ebay--generally I've gotten what
was described. The trouble is that one must read the description very
carefully.