Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Black Spot Appears In Same Location Depending How I Zoom

Reply
Thread Tools

Black Spot Appears In Same Location Depending How I Zoom

 
 
Mem4wwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-22-2006

Yeh so basically I just wanted to see if a tad of dust got in there or something where that black spot appears. Any Ideas? Thanks! BTW, first post

Here are some pics of the spot...
http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/DSC01254.JP
http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/LBGP.jp

Sometimes, when I am not zoomed in, the spot will not show like here...
http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/Dodge.jp

--
Mem4wwf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.photographytalk.net/viewtopic-186540.htm

Send from http://www.photographytalk.ne

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mister Max
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006
Mem4wwf <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:

>
> Yeh so basically I just wanted to see if a tad of dust got in there or
> something where that black spot appears. Any Ideas? Thanks! BTW,
> first post!
>
> Here are some pics of the spot....
> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/DSC01254.JPG
> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/LBGP.jpg
>

Yes it's dust somewhere in the lens mechanism. I have several of them,
probably from keeping my S400 in my pants pocket. They only show against a
bright sky, so they are easy to remove with Photoshop rubber stamp.


> Sometimes, when I am not zoomed in, the spot will not show like
> here.... http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/Dodge.jpg


It's probably obscured by the dark part of the subject.
- Max

--
MisterMax

http://buten.net/max/
Slideshows of Egypt (new), Jordan (brand new), Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete,
France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt Holly, Myanmar, Sicily, St Tropez,
Singapore, Thailand, Tour de France.

http://pbase.com/mistermax - Shadows and Reflections
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shawn Hirn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mem4wwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yeh so basically I just wanted to see if a tad of dust got in there or
> something where that black spot appears. Any Ideas? Thanks! BTW, first
> post!
>
> Here are some pics of the spot....
> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/DSC01254.JPG
> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/LBGP.jpg
>
> Sometimes, when I am not zoomed in, the spot will not show like here....
> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/Dodge.jpg


That third photo might obscure the black spot because of the placement
of the dark colors in the area where the spot is found. Your camera
probably needs to be cleaned.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Hoover
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2006
Maybe it's just a booger

"Shawn Hirn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Mem4wwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Yeh so basically I just wanted to see if a tad of dust got in there or
>> something where that black spot appears. Any Ideas? Thanks! BTW, first
>> post!
>>
>> Here are some pics of the spot....
>> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/DSC01254.JPG
>> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/LBGP.jpg
>>
>> Sometimes, when I am not zoomed in, the spot will not show like here....
>> http://members.cox.net/mem4wwf/Dodge.jpg

>
> That third photo might obscure the black spot because of the placement
> of the dark colors in the area where the spot is found. Your camera
> probably needs to be cleaned.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: How include a large array? Edward A. Falk C Programming 1 04-04-2013 08:07 PM
Location, location, location =?Utf-8?B?VHJhY2V5?= Wireless Networking 2 02-17-2007 08:37 PM
Re: Black Spot Appears In Same Location Depending How I Zoom Mem4wwf Digital Photography 2 07-26-2006 07:33 PM
Re: Difference between C-40 zoom [D-40 zoom] and c-4000 zoom Stefan Patric Digital Photography 0 08-23-2003 06:58 PM
Re: Difference between C-40 zoom [D-40 zoom] and c-4000 zoom Ronny Svensson Digital Photography 0 08-23-2003 06:22 PM



Advertisments