Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need a $100 point and shoot for the wife

Need a $100 point and shoot for the wife

Neil Harrington

"Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V00xg.32298$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And it's hard to
>> imagine Nikon doing anything really wrong designwise.
>>

>> Neil
>>

> Hi.
>
> I would not be too sure about that nowadays, market forces are becoming
> too compelling. As an example have you looked at their 55 -200 DX lens.

You probably have a point there. Though I'm not personally familiar with
that lens it seems to be made with low, low price as the goal rather than
product excellence. As you say, market forces. I presume it's as good as it
has to be for the lenses it has to compete with.

But since Nikon appears to be dropping optical viewfinders from ALL their
new ultracompact models, I take this to mean they're quite confident that
their present LCD monitors are satisfactory in practically all light. I
won't be really convinced until I see it for myself, but I'm softening my
position on this.

Neil

Neil Harrington

"Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> EF in FLA wrote:
>
>>> LOL! It's an inside joke to stimulate the idiots in that other
>>> group EF, yourself, and I frequent.

>> What a small world it is. I stopped frequenting AMOE and began
>> hanging at alt.guitar, and well whadyaknow.....there's Lumpy.

> Yeah, I know what you mean. AMOE is definitely a dead group, but I like
> stir things up a bit to inject some life into it.

I did find useful info (to me, as an inexperienced eBay seller) there since
some of the folks, such as yourself, were quite helpful. I haven't been back
for a long time mainly because I haven't been doing any selling for a long
time. I'll have to start again soon, though. I have tons of stuff I need to
get rid of.

Neil

Me

That's a fair swap. Does she look OK though?

Iain

EF in FLA

> That's a fair swap. Does she look OK though?
>
> Iain

Hey what do you want for 100 bucks?

ef

Mr.Bolshoyhuy

EF in FLA wrote:
> 3 or 4 megapx, just something easy for her to use so she'll stop asking to
> borrow mine.
>
> Recommendations?
>
> ef

forget eBay. go to J&R:
http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc...gital_Cameras/

OLYMPUS FE110 5 Megapixel Digital Camera Kit
2.8x Optical and 4x Digital Zoom / 1.5" Color TFT / 128MB XD Card -
$99