Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need a $100 point and shoot for the wife

Need a $100 point and shoot for the wife

Mamamia

In article <Lrywg.1474$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"EF in FLA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 3 or 4 megapx, just something easy for her to use so she'll stop asking to
> borrow mine.
> Recommendations?
> ef

Newegg.com has 14 digital cameras at up to $100:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...4027&Submit=EN
E&SubCategory=12
--
We could certainly slow the aging process down
if it had to work its way through Congress.

EF in FLA

> Newegg.com has 14 digital cameras at up to $100:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...4027&Submit=EN
> E&SubCategory=12
> --

Yep I'm a big Newegg fan but their sub-$100 cameras are all junk. Thanks
tho.

ef

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

EF in FLA wrote:

> 3 or 4 megapx, just something easy for her to use so she'll stop
> asking to borrow mine.
>
> Recommendations?

EF, we've been down this road before in another group and you know that the
only acceptable camera for taking eBay auction pictures is the Nikon D2x.
Using anything else is totally and utterly foolish and monumentally stupid.

Rita

EF in FLA

> EF, we've been down this road before in another group and you know that
> the
> only acceptable camera for taking eBay auction pictures is the Nikon D2x.
> Using anything else is totally and utterly foolish and monumentally
> stupid.

Yes'm, seems I have read those words somewhere before.

EF in FLA wrote:

>> EF, we've been down this road before in another group and you know
>> that the
>> only acceptable camera for taking eBay auction pictures is the Nikon
>> D2x. Using anything else is totally and utterly foolish and
>> monumentally stupid.

> Yes'm, seems I have read those words somewhere before.

Seriously, if you can stomach the thought of buying from Ritz they have a
CoolPix L4 on sale for $129.99. I guess this is only for walk-in customers?

Rita

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Ο "EF in FLA" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news:Lrywg.1474$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> 3 or 4 megapx, just something easy for her to use so she'll stop asking to
> borrow mine.
>
> Recommendations?

I have the Kodak CX 7300, 99 euros (now C 310 I think)that takes very nicely
exposed and with high acutance pictures.I strongly recommend you get
something new, we get every week complaints in this group from people that
have bought used junk.By looking at any photo shop window, you'll find that
you have a wide choice, but at this price range your choice is limited,
because the digital cameras need much more (sophisticated)hardware than
simple, 35 mm, P&S cameras.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
542nd mechanized infantry batallion

Robert Barr

Hit ebay and look for a Kodak DX-7440. Some of the listings include the
printer dock, for even easier novice usage.

EF in FLA wrote:
> 3 or 4 megapx, just something easy for her to use so she'll stop asking to
> borrow mine.
>
> Recommendations?
>
> ef

Neil Harrington

"Rita Δ Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> EF in FLA wrote:
>
>> 3 or 4 megapx, just something easy for her to use so she'll stop
>> asking to borrow mine.
>>
>> Recommendations?

> EF, we've been down this road before in another group and you know that
> the
> only acceptable camera for taking eBay auction pictures is the Nikon D2x.

The D2x is hard to find at the $100 price point, though.

Try to think of the Coolpix 4600 as a sort of D2x with some design features
missing to allow it to sell for about $4500 less. The "Nikon" logo on the
front is almost identical, which is the important thing.

Anyway the 4100/4600 cameras will take far, far better eBay auction photos
than many of those I've seen on eBay. And I know you won't disagree with
that. Granted, they can't use your beloved SB-800s, but even so . . .

> Using anything else is totally and utterly foolish and monumentally
> stupid.

As is using anything less than a fourteen-wheeler to go grocery shopping?

Speaking of eBay, how's Krabby Kris & Her Krackpot Koterie these days? Still
as bitchy? I haven't looked in on that newsgroup for many months, must get
back to it some day soon.

Neil

Neil Harrington wrote:

> The D2x is hard to find at the $100 price point, though.

LOL! It's an inside joke to stimulate the idiots in that other group EF,
yourself, and I frequent. You know I always reccommend to use whatever
works for eBay pics.

> Speaking of eBay, how's Krabby Kris & Her Krackpot Koterie these
> days? Still as bitchy? I haven't looked in on that newsgroup for many
> months, must get back to it some day soon.

Just like a reoccurring venereal disease they are always coming back.
That's why I devote 10-minutes a day to "kick the nest" up there to see what
falls out.

Rita

Neil Harrington

"Rita Δ Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> EF in FLA wrote:
>
>>> EF, we've been down this road before in another group and you know
>>> that the
>>> only acceptable camera for taking eBay auction pictures is the Nikon
>>> D2x. Using anything else is totally and utterly foolish and
>>> monumentally stupid.

>> Yes'm, seems I have read those words somewhere before.

> Seriously, if you can stomach the thought of buying from Ritz they have a
> CoolPix L4 on sale for $129.99. I guess this is only for walk-in
> customers?

Ritz is okay (why "if you can stomach the thought"?), but I'm not so
enthused about the Coolpix L series. Like many other makers, Nikon has
abandoned the optical viewfinder on these new ultracompact models in favor
of a larger LCD monitor. The larger LCD is nice, but having no optical
finder can be exasperating in bright sunlight on every such camera I've
used.

I think Nikon's high point in ultracompacts was the 3200/4100/4600 models
for AA-battery use, or for some more bucks the 4200/5200/5900/7900 models
which are my favorites for that size camera. Nikon hasn't come out with
anything since that I find as appealing, I'm sorry to say. The P3 and P4 are
interesting but again, no optical viewfinder and that cools my interest
considerably.

Neil