Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon 950 battery cover repair - part left over

Nikon 950 battery cover repair - part left over

glen

Hi All

Just took my 950 apart and replaced the strap holder part so that the
battery cover latchs again. Its all back together and works. My
problem is that I have a part left over. Its a small piece of tin
about the size of a penny and I can't for the life of me figure out
where the thing goes.

If any one has a clue, or a repair manual that shows it, it would be
greatly appreciated.

There is a pic I took ( with repaired 950) at
http://www.photowebworks.com/part950.jpg

TIA
glen

Don Wiss

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:40:08 GMT, glen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just took my 950 apart and replaced the strap holder part so that the
>battery cover latchs again. Its all back together and works. My
>problem is that I have a part left over. Its a small piece of tin
>about the size of a penny and I can't for the life of me figure out
>where the thing goes.

>There is a pic I took ( with repaired 950) at
>http://www.photowebworks.com/part950.jpg

It is not visible from the outside. You'll need an exploded diagram. Or
somone willing to take their 950 apart (yea right).

Allodoxaphobia

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:40:08 GMT, glen wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just took my 950 apart and replaced the strap holder part so that the
> battery cover latchs again. Its all back together and works. My
> problem is that I have a part left over. Its a small piece of tin
> about the size of a penny and I can't for the life of me figure out
> where the thing goes.

If it makes you feel any better, I _always_ have parts left over when I
repair things. Eventually you'll have enough left-over parts to build
your own Transmogrifier.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: <http//jonz.net/ng.htm>

Fred Anonymous

"Allodoxaphobia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:40:08 GMT, glen wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Just took my 950 apart and replaced the strap holder part so that the
> > battery cover latchs again. Its all back together and works. My
> > problem is that I have a part left over. Its a small piece of tin
> > about the size of a penny and I can't for the life of me figure out
> > where the thing goes.

> If it makes you feel any better, I _always_ have parts left over when I
> repair things. Eventually you'll have enough left-over parts to build
> your own Transmogrifier.
>
> Jonesy
> --
> Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
> 38.24N 104.55W | @ config.com | Jonesy | OS/2
> *** Killfiling google posts: <http//jonz.net/ng.htm>

Would that be a digital Transmogrifier or one of the old fashioned analogue
/ film / valve Transmogrifiers?

< Sorry - it's been a hot and humid day here in England >

Regards, Ian.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "glen" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Just took my 950 apart and replaced the strap holder part so that the
> battery cover latchs again. Its all back together and works. My
> problem is that I have a part left over. Its a small piece of tin
> about the size of a penny and I can't for the life of me figure out
> where the thing goes.
>
> If any one has a clue, or a repair manual that shows it, it would be
> greatly appreciated.

Surely it isn't the thing that connects the positive terminal and the
negative terminal of adjacent batteries?Does the battery cover snap shut
without it?

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
542nd mechanized infantry batallion