Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Is MSF in the 70-300 exam?

Is MSF in the 70-300 exam?

Bob Rosen

For 70-100, Syngress published a "preparation guide" that
focused entirely on MSF (Microsoft Solutions Framework)
and turned out to be totally useless for the exam. I now
have the "Exam Cram 2 .NET Solution Architectures" book
(Cornish et al) which, unlike its 70-100 predecessor,
leans in some places towards MSF also (e.g. envisioning
phase, the set of team roles). Does anyone know whether
MSF concepts have actually made it into the exam this time
around?

JJG

MSF was included in the 300 + - the same way that MSF was
included in the 100 exam.
You have to remember that most questions on the 300 exam
(as in 100) are to measure how well you can implement or
put in practice your MSF knowledge. They definitely do not
measure your knowledge of MSF directly.
What I'm trying to say is, you won't find a question that
goes for example: List all the deliverables of the logical
design phase? Question are more in the line of, given a
case scenario, from this five choices below, What is a Use
Case test that you should include in your use cases doc?
You at first would think that the last question has
nothing to do with MSF but it does in a big way.
Hope it helps...

capooti

testing an use case????

Where in the earth have you learned this????

JJG

my fault, I donot read my post & typed a bittt fast...
I was goona go first with a test case but decided to put
the use case instead... i just mix the two :O
It should 'd read <<"...from this five choices below, What
is a use-case that you should include in your use-cases
doc?">>
I know it's not a good representation of a 70-300 question
but again I dont work at Transcender ;->

Davin Mickelson

On a side note - as much as I love using Transcenders, I have mixed feelings
about the one for 70-300.

I felt some of the answers they chose as correct were flat out wrong and I
even found a typo in one of the case studies. In five years of using
Transcenders, I've never seen a typo before.

Also, some of the wrong answers were so bad that you just laugh reading
them. This isn't what I experienced in the real exam (example: set up 25
FKs...)

Their practice exam truly helped me last Saturday to become MCSD.NET but I
have opinions about this practice exam. Don't beat yourself up over what
they say is right. 98% of the time they are.

Good luck to you all,
Davin Mickelson
MCSD(VS6), MCSD.NET

"JJG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:014701c35b85$8f2bdba0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> my fault, I donot read my post & typed a bittt fast...
> I was goona go first with a test case but decided to put
> the use case instead... i just mix the two :O
> It should 'd read <<"...from this five choices below, What
> is a use-case that you should include in your use-cases
> doc?">>
> I know it's not a good representation of a 70-300 question
> but again I dont work at Transcender ;->

Need MSF Implementation Plan VBDotNETCoder ASP .Net 1 11-18-2004 09:28 AM
MSF exam 74-100 Session MCSD 0 05-27-2004 02:21 PM
MSF practitioner Erja Microsoft Certification 1 04-07-2004 06:30 PM
MSF? zeus MCSD 6 03-02-2004 01:44 AM
70-300 MSF paper-links ? Paoming MCSD 3 08-12-2003 11:53 AM

Advertisments