Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Who can recommend a reasonable mega pixel camera phone

Who can recommend a reasonable mega pixel camera phone

bissatch@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,

Now, before you start reading please take me seriously. I am fully
aware that camera phones are no match for a proper digital camera. This
is why I also own a good quality camera that I can use for taking good
pictures. As well, as that though I would like to buy a camera phone
for (most importantly calls but also) the following reasons:

Always with me
I do not intent to carry about a bulky camera all the time and this
will be ideal, for example, at parties as well as the other 99% of my
time where I do not have a camera and excellent picture quality isnt so
important.

Portability
As I carry a phone about anyway this will take up no extra space.

My current phone is knackered
Need to upgrade my phone anyway and as I was originally going to
purchase a portable camera (something like the Fujifilm A345) this
might be the ideal solution.

I was seriously considering the SonyEricsson K750i until I realised
that it didnt have a built in flash so I am looking elsewhere for now.

So here are my requirements:

Mega pixel camera, preferably 2MP

Bluetooth - I have a bluetooth PDA and the ability to be able to
transfer photos to it will be important. It might be worth noting that
I wont have access to my PC so I wouldnt be able to transfer photos
that way.

Built in flash

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with good camera phones then
please let me know. Much appreciated

Burnsy

bissatch@yahoo.co.uk

> I was seriously considering the SonyEricsson K750i until I realised
> that it didnt have a built in flash so I am looking elsewhere for now.

Just read that the K750i does actually have a a 2-LED flash. For some
reason they also supply and flash kit that attaches onto the phone
(additional purchase). This led me to believe that there was no flash.
Sorry bout the confusion

Anyway, please do reply with camera phones that may meet my
requirements. Cheers

Burnsy