Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > bridge

bridge

Smee R11S

atec77 wrote:
> Smee R11S wrote:
>> atec77 wrote:

>>> I doubt he would , normal teachers approch to subject, install
>>> blinkers and deny all but your opinion ( worse when in the wrong like
>>> now( and he is a self-opinionated tossa.))

>> Translation anyone?
>> Too much plonk again atec?
>> Where are YOUR photos.

> Basically Greek boy I repeat "your a biatch" and my photos are not good
> which is why I critisize you and not your photography .

LOL
I'll pay that one.

Stewy

In article <2c3cf$44bd60e5$57d48302$(E-Mail Removed) >,
"Rutger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Rutger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c9647$44bd57ff$57d48302$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> >> "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht

> >> Since English is not my native tongue, could you please explain what you
> >> mean by 'bland'?
> >>
> >> Rutger
> >>

> > This says it better than I can:
> > http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/bland - the first meaning there.
> >

> Do you care to tell why? Just a simple remark doesn't say much.

Were you aiming at a shape or abstract? Try cropping a bit more or
rotating the image or even apply a filter.

Smee R11S

Rutger wrote:
> "Smee R11S" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:44bf995a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tony Polson wrote:

>>> You described Rutger's photos as "shithouse" which certainly isn't a
>>> compliment. I don't take any offence at the word "****" but I would
>>> really like to see how much better your photos are than Rutger's. I
>>> am always keen to learn from experts like you.
>>>
>>> So let us see your photos so we can see how it should be done. What
>>> is the URL of your web site?
>>>

>> He posted to an Australian newsgroup so he got an Australian reply.
>> Crossposting will get you into trouble.
>> If you don't like it then simple, don't crosspost if you take offence.
>> As for my website I don't have one per se but you can see some samples
>> here.
>>
>> http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~smeegle...f/surreal2.jpg
>> http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~smeegle...ater/crane.jpg
>> http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~smeegle...Expression.jpg
>> http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~smeegles/Stuff/citysouth
>> http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~smeegle...gothicglow.jpg
>>
>> There's a shitload of good and bad in there
>> Feel free to critique all you want.
>> Even pick out the "shithouse" ones.

> Perfect exaples of pictures i used to make but got bored with.
> Everyone makes them and can make them.
>
> Rutger

Pity you can't take a decent photo of a bridge with lighting and
composition.
Just accept you make a cockup of it and move on.

Rutger

>> Perfect exaples of pictures i used to make but got bored with.
>> Everyone makes them and can make them.
>>
>> Rutger
>>

> Pity you can't take a decent photo of a bridge with lighting and
> composition.

Can you judge that by these 5 pics?

> Just accept you make a cockup of it and move on.

I will.
At least my pictures aren't decent. Decent pictures are boring, just as
about 80% of the pictures you have on your webspace.

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/

Smee R11S

Rutger wrote:
>>> Perfect exaples of pictures i used to make but got bored with.
>>> Everyone makes them and can make them.
>>>
>>> Rutger
>>>

>> Pity you can't take a decent photo of a bridge with lighting and
>> composition.

> Can you judge that by these 5 pics?
>
>> Just accept you make a cockup of it and move on.

> I will.
> At least my pictures aren't decent. Decent pictures are boring, just as
> about 80% of the pictures you have on your webspace.
>
> Rutger

That webspace is just my dumping ground where I tests lenses if you
haven't cottoned on.
Most of my shots are archived because I don't bother posting to
newsgroups begging for praise like you and some french dude with his
crap "picture of the week" posts.
If you noticed you poor son of a bitch
I only commented on those 5 pictures and not your 500 odd shots in flickr.
I haven't commented on your website but if you want me to I will because
apart from some great abstracts and some very good architecture the rest
look like snapshots
Yes your pictures aren't decent you are correct.
Happy now?
If you crosspost among several usenet groups and ask for comments then
don't like what you read I have a suggestion to you.
Don't ask for comments.
If you want to come into a newsgroup and ask for praise only then you
are sadly deluded.
I hope you learn that asking for comments on what are bland, poorly
exposed and poorly composed pictures like your bridge series and
accepting criticism is something you can take out of this, if not then
don't post them across so many newsgroups and just stick to one where
your work may be appreciated.

Rutger

> That webspace is just my dumping ground where I tests lenses if you
> haven't cottoned on.

Oops. Someone has to do a lot of explainig...

> Most of my shots are archived because I don't bother posting to newsgroups
> begging for praise like you and some french dude with his crap "picture of
> the week" posts.
> If you noticed you poor son of a bitch

???

> I only commented on those 5 pictures and not your 500 odd shots in flickr.
> I haven't commented on your website but if you want me to I will because
> apart from some great abstracts and some very good architecture the rest
> look like snapshots
> Yes your pictures aren't decent you are correct.
> Happy now?

Allways, thank you.

> If you crosspost among several usenet groups and ask for comments then
> don't like what you read I have a suggestion to you.
> Don't ask for comments.

I didn't ask.

> If you want to come into a newsgroup and ask for praise only then you are
> sadly deluded.

Thx, your're so helpful.

> I hope you learn that asking for comments on what are bland, poorly
> exposed and poorly composed pictures like your bridge series and accepting
> criticism is something you can take out of this, if not then don't post
> them across so many newsgroups and just stick to one where your work may
> be appreciated.

As you can see, i did take the criticism, thanks again.
I don not wish otherwise than to improve my picturetaking.

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/