Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ATI HDTV Wonder card can capture HDTV pictures in 1080i or 1080p and print out as photos?

ATI HDTV Wonder card can capture HDTV pictures in 1080i or 1080p and print out as photos?

Summercoolness@gmail.com

seems like the ATI Wonder HDTV card for PC can capture photos in 1080i?
so in fact we can capture nice pictures of scenery or some world cup
soccer snapshots from
HDTV and then send it to shutterfly or yahoo photo to print it out in 4
x 6 photos. with the resolution
of 1920 x 1080, it probably will print out quite nicely... just except
that unless there is
interlace problem.

G-squared

> seems like the ATI Wonder HDTV card for PC can capture photos in

1080i?
> so in fact we can capture nice pictures of scenery or some world cup
> soccer snapshots from
> HDTV and then send it to shutterfly or yahoo photo to print it out

in 4
> x 6 photos. with the resolution
> of 1920 x 1080, it probably will print out quite nicely... just

except
> that unless there is
> interlace problem.

If your still capture has issues, with TV-on-Demand (the ATI software)
you can back up and run forward at .5x and go to step forward
frame-by-frame and grab the best one. I tried it a few days ago when
you mentioned it in another thread.

GG

Charlie Pearce

On 12 Jul 2006 13:29:08 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>seems like the ATI Wonder HDTV card for PC can capture photos in 1080i?
>so in fact we can capture nice pictures of scenery or some world cup
>soccer snapshots from
>HDTV and then send it to shutterfly or yahoo photo to print it out in 4
>x 6 photos. with the resolution
>of 1920 x 1080, it probably will print out quite nicely... just except
>that unless there is
>interlace problem.

Just except that unless there is (?!?) also the problem that 1920:1080
!= 4:6...

Charlie
--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs