Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > stitching many photos from a microscope

stitching many photos from a microscope

ITatarintsev@gmail.com

I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
S100
(http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:160...mages/Ins3.jpg)
inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.

Thanks

Jim Waggener

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
> S100
> (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:160...mages/Ins3.jpg)
> inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
> tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
> images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
> is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
> would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
> overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
> stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
> trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.
>
> Thanks

since you have CS have tried File>Automate>Photomerge?

Don Wiss

On 11 Jul 2006 14:03:04 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
>is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
>would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
>overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
>stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
>trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.

PTGui.com could do this. But I don't know if their trial has some
limitation that keeps you from doing this size.

It won't be easy, as PTGui has a high learning curve.

bugbear

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
> S100
> (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:160...mages/Ins3.jpg)
> inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
> tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
> images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
> is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
> would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
> overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
> stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
> trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.

What you're doing, in "normal" camera terms is a "panorama".

Try searching for panorama software.

BugBear

Pete D

Autostitch will easily do what you want.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
> S100
> (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:160...mages/Ins3.jpg)
> inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
> tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
> images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
> is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
> would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
> overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
> stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
> trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.
>
> Thanks

remove

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:07:06 +1000, "Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Autostitch will easily do what you want.
>
>http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I'm a summer student at aresearch lab. I am using the Zeiss Axiovert
>> S100
>> (http://kugrserver.health.unm.edu:160...mages/Ins3.jpg)
>> inverted microscope and the Zeiss Axiocam to take pictures of brain
>> tissue at 10x magnification. These are 1312x1030 pixel pictures. The
>> images were taken from left to right sequentially. So the whole image
>> is a grid of smaller images that has 40 rows with 8 images per row. I
>> would like to combine all of these pictures by merging their
>> overlapping regions. Is there a convenient way of doing this with any
>> stitching programs? Can MatLab do this? I'm looking for freeware or
>> trial versions. I do have Photoshop CS.
>>
>> Thanks

I second Autostitch. Freeware which does an excellent job.

people photos stitching software? peter Digital Photography 16 07-19-2007 06:01 PM
Stitching photos of small objects Scott W Digital Photography 7 12-24-2005 06:16 AM
Microscope. Soup Computer Support 6 02-21-2004 06:52 PM
Stitching photos together Kheehua Computer Support 2 08-27-2003 08:36 PM
stitching photos together cc Digital Photography 13 08-05-2003 05:50 PM

Advertisments