Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-Link 514 Wireless Router

D-Link 514 Wireless Router

Lauren

Hi. I am new to networking. I want to extend my router's range (D-Link 514)
to wirelessly connect from my desktop's cable internet connection to my
laptop in a small building behind my house. The signal is very weak out
there. I have looked all over for info about an antenna for it but can only
seem to find info on later D-Link routers. Does anyone know of a signal
booster antenna or other hardware that will work with this router?

Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?TUdJSUk=?=

You could used a gain antenna. Found something like this on Compusa
"Hi Gain 6dB Omni-Directional Wireless Antenna, 802.11b, g"
Will improve your range. Just move it closer to outside building and there
ya go.

"Lauren" wrote:

> Hi. I am new to networking. I want to extend my router's range (D-Link 514)
> to wirelessly connect from my desktop's cable internet connection to my
> laptop in a small building behind my house. The signal is very weak out
> there. I have looked all over for info about an antenna for it but can only
> seem to find info on later D-Link routers. Does anyone know of a signal
> booster antenna or other hardware that will work with this router?
>
> Thanks!

Jack

May be this can Help.
Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

D-Link DI-514 sage Wireless Networking 0 06-19-2005 06:37 PM
D-Link DI-514 + cable modem + Win XP SP2= CRAP !!! superslicka Wireless Networking 1 02-20-2005 12:08 AM
D-Link DI-514 Setup Problems with WinXP SP2 + cable modem superslicka2@hotmail.com Wireless Networking 1 02-20-2005 12:07 AM
Can I turn off wireless mode -D-Link DI-514? lbbss Computer Support 2 09-04-2004 04:23 AM
D-Link router DI-514 (wireless plus 4 ports) hell zxcvbob Computer Support 2 07-17-2004 07:31 PM

Advertisments