Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sending Photos to Cellphones

Sending Photos to Cellphones

kevin.kirby@gmail.com

Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the internet
to a cellphone?

Roy G

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the internet
> to a cellphone?

As far as I know from watching my daughter, you just send the image by Email
to the phone owner. It can then be downloaded via the phone's USB or
Bluetooth connection, from that computer to the phone. Provided of course
that the Software for the Phone has been installed on the Computer.

If the phone is set up to receive Email, it may be possible for the phone
just to receive the message with the image attached.

She does not seem to use that method, she just gets the stuff (ringtones &
graphics) saved onto the computer first.

Since she, her phone and all of her team have buggered off to "T in the
Park" for the weekend, I cannot ask.

Roy G

Monkee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the internet
> to a cellphone?

I use photobox (www.photobox.com) if you have an account you upload pics to
a temporary album and choose to send them to mobiles as MMS messages.

Dennis Pogson

> Is there a program out there that will send a picture over the
> internet to a cellphone?

Most modern phones which are tied to a particular service provider (e.g.
Vodafone) are supplied with a PC program which allows you to download images
from your PC. The images have to be first sized-down from the jpegs which
your digital camera saves, but there are lots of programs on the net to do
this.

Dennis.