Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Storing Spare CF cards next to Spare Battery

Storing Spare CF cards next to Spare Battery

Ken

I have one compartment in my briefcase to store these things. Is there any
reason why not to put spare CF card/s next to my spare battery/s?

Ken

Bigguy

None whatsoever....

But not a good idea to keep CFs and heavy batteries loose in a solid case
and shake them all around....
It is a must to keep CF cards in their cases though - they don't like dust +
fluff etc. in their connectors.

Guy

"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote in message
news:44ab6723$0$4382$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have one compartment in my briefcase to store these things. Is there any
>reason why not to put spare CF card/s next to my spare battery/s?
>
> Ken

Matt Ion

Ken wrote:
> I have one compartment in my briefcase to store these things. Is there any
> reason why not to put spare CF card/s next to my spare battery/s?

Do their colors clash? Most batteries are black, and black looks good
with pretty much anything, so there shouldn't be a problem...

Ron Hunter

Ken wrote:
> I have one compartment in my briefcase to store these things. Is there any
> reason why not to put spare CF card/s next to my spare battery/s?
>
> Ken

Not any I can think of.

Shawn Hirn

In article <44ab6723$0$4382$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote:

> I have one compartment in my briefcase to store these things. Is there any
> reason why not to put spare CF card/s next to my spare battery/s?

Why not? In my camera, the battery compartment is located right next to
the CF card. I also keep my spare CF cards and batteries in the same
compartment and they are fine.

Ken

"Shawn Hirn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <44ab6723$0$4382$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Ken" <Reply to NG only> wrote:
>
>> I have one compartment in my briefcase to store these things. Is there
>> any
>> reason why not to put spare CF card/s next to my spare battery/s?

> Why not? In my camera, the battery compartment is located right next to
> the CF card. I also keep my spare CF cards and batteries in the same
> compartment and they are fine.

Good point!!

Ken