Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > D-LINK DWL-AG650 doesn't work with WinXP - Zero Configuration Service (WZCSVC) / D-Link AirXpert nearly works

D-LINK DWL-AG650 doesn't work with WinXP - Zero Configuration Service (WZCSVC) / D-Link AirXpert nearly works

Johannes Rosenstock

Hello.

I've got a D-Link DWL-AG650 WLAN-NIC and a Siemens Gigaset SE 515 dsl AP and
I use a Microsoft 2003 Server Standard with CA and IAS for EAP-TLS/PEAP.

When I use the D-Link AirXpert Tool of my WLAN-NIC, I get access to my
Network. But the D-LINK only supports EAP-TLS with user-certificates and not
with machine-certificates. The connection also isn't very stable, if I try
to transfer large files. So I want to use the Zero Configuration Service.

If I use it, the service finds the AP and I'm not connected because of the
standard security settings.. So I set the security-features to WPA (TKIP or
AES) and EAP-TLS (or possibly PEAP) and after the OK-button-click, I get the
message like "at least one setting could not be done" and I can not connect
to the WLAN. I can't save any settings there. I have all my certificates at
the client. I have got the same problem with WinXP SP1 and SP2 and i also
only try to use WEP.

I use the following drivers:
Siemens driver version: 2.12.3.21c_BA010a
DLINK driver version: 2.4.1.32

Are there never drivers ? The webpage-drivers are older the my drivers from
the DLINK-cdrom.
Does anybody know that problem and can help me ?

Greetings from Germany

Johannes