Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera Driver/Software Question

Camera Driver/Software Question

Loop

Is there a means of using a digital camera with the
driver/software from a different camera? Both cameras
use windows xp.

John Fryatt

Loop wrote:
> Is there a means of using a digital camera with the
> driver/software from a different camera? Both cameras
> use windows xp.

Seems unlikely, but why would you want to do that?

Give a bit more information then someone might be able to help.

Roy G

"Loop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is there a means of using a digital camera with the
> driver/software from a different camera? Both cameras
> use windows xp.

Cameras don't use Windows XP.

They don't use any kind of Windows or Mac OS or Linux. They have their own
specific built in "Firmware"

If you are talking about downloading image files from the Camera to
Computer, you don't need any software or drivers for most Cameras, if your
Computer has WinXP.

For the few that do need specific SW on the computer, you can still download
without it by using a Card Reader.

Roy G

Jim Townsend

Loop wrote:

> Is there a means of using a digital camera with the
> driver/software from a different camera? Both cameras
> use windows xp.

Windows XP already has the ability to communicate with most cameras
on the market. They can be set up using the 'Scanner and Camera' wizard.

Mark B.

"Loop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Is there a means of using a digital camera with the
> driver/software from a different camera? Both cameras
> use windows xp.

What are you trying to do? If transferring photos, pick up a card reader -
then there's no need for drivers.

Mark