Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 411 on shooting copy work

411 on shooting copy work

joe mama

hi,

i need to shoot a friend of a friend's artwork this weekend, and i'm
wondering if digital would work. i have two studio strobes i can use to
augment light, so any ponters would be great. the images are roughly
30'X40", so i'm going to shoot them with the lens as normal as possible.

i was thnking about standing them straight up outside, in the shade.

tomm42

joe mama wrote:
> hi,
>
> i need to shoot a friend of a friend's artwork this weekend, and i'm
> wondering if digital would work. i have two studio strobes i can use to
> augment light, so any ponters would be great. the images are roughly
> 30'X40", so i'm going to shoot them with the lens as normal as possible.
>
> i was thnking about standing them straight up outside, in the shade.

Joe,
Using shade is not a bad idea, especially if it is even. I wouldn't do
this with film though. The best way is with studio lights, strobe or
tungsten, with polarizers, and of course a polarizer on the camera.
Rectalinear alignment to your camera is the biggest challenge, make
sure the painting is centered on your camera and the camera is square
on the painting vertical anges can be handled with a bubble angle
finder from the hardware store. Best to use a macro lens (50-60mm)
zooms always have some distortion. Oh yes a tripod is a necessity.

Tom

Portable lighting 411 joe mama Digital Photography 0 10-05-2006 05:10 AM
Lens 411 for DSLRs joe mama Digital Photography 9 06-26-2006 05:45 PM
Python 411. Steve Python 7 06-13-2006 05:02 PM
MI-5 S1 - 411? phaedrus8@hotmail.com DVD Video 5 03-25-2005 09:04 AM
Blacklisted! 411 Magazine Ripoff Artist Ray Computer Information 2 12-08-2004 05:08 PM

Advertisments