Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Expring MCP exams

Expring MCP exams

SK

Hi All,
I am VB6 Programmer and I was deciding on taking
the MCP exams.When I went thru the microsoft website I
found out that the exams are expiring next year.So can
someone lemme know if it is worth taking the exams at
this point or any other suggestions from your end is most
welcome.
Thanks in advance.
SK.

Davin Mickelson

I would suggest passing the old VB6 exams, earning your MCSD(VS6) and then
pass the new .NET exams to earn the MCSD.NET.

This makes you appear more valuable in the developer community because it
proves you understand the classic COM platform as well as the new .NET
platform. Interop programming will be here for awhile.

It also shows that you are an experienced seasoned developer that has grown
with Microsoft.

Get Transcenders (http://www.transcender.com) for the VB6 exams. They are
cheaper than ever now and they will focus your studying on what is on these
archaic exams.

These are just my opinions.

Good luck to you,
Davin Mickelson

"SK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:011501c35530$3311c6a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> I am VB6 Programmer and I was deciding on taking
> the MCP exams.When I went thru the microsoft website I
> found out that the exams are expiring next year.So can
> someone lemme know if it is worth taking the exams at
> this point or any other suggestions from your end is most
> welcome.
> Thanks in advance.
> SK.

Cindy Winegarden

"...can someone lemme know if it is worth taking the exams at this point
...."

Hi SK,

Worth depends on the particular value the exam process would have to you
personally. Do you want to round out your skills? Get a raise or a
promotion? Get a different job? Let your boss or clients know that you have
attained a certain skill level? Compare your skills to other developers?
What is the job marked like in your area or an area you may relocate to?

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), www.cindywinegarden.com