Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 30d, st-e2 and a slave flash.

30d, st-e2 and a slave flash.

galleywench@musicalfurnishings.com

Heres what I wanted to do.

With everything in manual - I wanted to use my st-e2 to run a
background light and a hair light while they triggered a monolight with
a slave eye as the main light.

I ran into a few problems.

The ST-E2 actually triggers the mono light's slave eye with the IR
alone. oops. I didn't foresee that.

It appears as though I am able to cut the preflash out with all the
auto turned off on the 30d, cause I can get them all to sync with the
mono light protected from the ST-E2, but visible to the 580 white
light.

an IR block on the slave?

There is a PC cord for the mono too, but it is not syncing with the
ST-E2 get-up.

I thought it would be awfully neat to run this all from the camera, and
have my main light be ac powered, but maybe I can't.

Tor

http://www.torstudios.com