Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How bad is Panasonic's Lumix DMC-LX1?

How bad is Panasonic's Lumix DMC-LX1?

lubecki@hotmail.com

Frank ess wrote:
> Mine works good. I'm not a no-noise fetishist, and when it is above my
> tolerance threshold, I use Noise Ninja for the little adjustment
> required.
>
> Said before and again: it's like a little dSLR with a permanently
> attached 28-112 zoom.
>
> Go to flickr dot com and use tag "LX1" to see thousands of examples of
> what it can do:
> http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=lx1&w=all&s=int including some black
> and white:
> http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&...k+white&m=text

OK, I decided to go with the LX1. I just went out at lunch and bought
it. I can't wait to go home and start playing with it. Looking at some
of those Flickr pictures it's clear that the Leica lens is
significantly better than what's available on any other small camera,
so I'll just deal with the noise. I took a closer look at some of the
pictures from my current camera (Fuji F700), and they have quite a bit
of noise, too. Since that never really bothered me, I think I'll be
fine with the LX1.

-Gniewko