Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Lynksys WAP11 no link

Lynksys WAP11 no link

Denny

I have a Lynksys Access Point that I connected my laptop (WinME) to the
Internet through. It has been working fine until yesterday it shows no link
on the LED (power light is on.) I tried connecting it by the USB to the
laptop to use the configuration utility to see if I could fix the problem.
When I plugged it in the new hardware notice came up and it won't recognize
the access point as that. When I point it to the folder for the driver inf
file it says the driver chosen is the best fit for the hardware. I then
tried plugging it into my computer (WinXP-SP2) by the USB and it came up as
hardware that has malfunctioned and when I try to install the driver for it
it won't install stating there are no drivers in the folder for the
hardware. In device manager the device does not show up. On the WinME
system it shows up as an Unknown Device, but I am unable to install the
driver for it.

This is the message I get on the taskbar in WinXP
USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and
Windows does not recognize it.

Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not
recognize it, replace the device.

My question is did the access point more than likely die?