Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Printer sharing problem

Printer sharing problem

John Wright

I have a wireless network that has a laptop (XP Home) and a PC (XP Pro)
attached. A HP Deskjet 610C is connected to the PC via a serial cable and
the printer driver has been loaded as a local printer and has been enabled
for sharing.

I have installed the printer drivers onto both computers however i cannot
see the printer from my Laptop and it won't install as a network printer
because of this. When I try to add the printer i can see the me network and
even the other PC but it does not allow me to see the printer that is
connected to it.
I have changed the IP address's so that they are similar and gone through a
few other changes like disabling the firewall etc but still nothing. If i
try it the other way around and connect the printer to the laptop i can see
the Printer from the PC.

I have also done everything it says on the help pages from
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sectio...le64-page1.php

What am i doing wrong?