Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photography - Top 10 Tips

Photography - Top 10 Tips

Alan Browne

Info Dude wrote:

> Photography - Top 10 Tips
>
> If you ask the experts, they'll tell you that there are ten things you
> can do to make sure that your photos are as good a they can be. These
> are by no means the only things that will give you better photos but
> most of the pros agree that these are at the top of the list.
>
> Read This Full Report At:
> http://www.3min-reports.com/top-10-p...aphy-tips.html

That is the most poorly written bunch of good advice I've ever seen.

All the points were quite valid or useful, just very poorly written. As
a top ten, I'd have a different list.

For example the "plain background" should really have said "uncluttered"
or non distracting background or just make sure things aren't growing
out of people's heads...

It was a relief that the "rule of thirds" wasn't mentioned. Simply
getting the subject off centre (in most but not all cases) is good
advice for anyone whether newbie, amateur or pro.

Clearly the list is meant for snapshooters who want to improve the look
of their images and not for people who take photography more seriously.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

no_name

Randy Berbaum wrote:

> Sheldon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> : This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I especially like
> : the one about the plain background. Like, you're supposed to carry a
> : roll of background paper with you? Most photogs who shoot portraits
> : have at least one lens with a large enough aperture to blur the
> : background.
>
> But if an inexperienced photog is carrying around a folding backdrop frame
> and rolls of backdrop material it WOULD reduce the chances of light poles
> growing out of the subject's head. Mostly because if you have to carry all
> that stuff around just to take vacation pictures, photography would very
> quickly lose its allure.

Not to mention a plain background doesn't have to come on a paper roll.
It could be a painted/plastered wall, uniform vegetation, the sky, ...

Sheldon

"no_name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mSHog.5353$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Randy Berbaum wrote:
>
>> Sheldon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> : This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. I especially like :
>> the one about the plain background. Like, you're supposed to carry a :
>> roll of background paper with you? Most photogs who shoot portraits :
>> have at least one lens with a large enough aperture to blur the :
>> background. But if an inexperienced photog is carrying around a folding
>> backdrop frame and rolls of backdrop material it WOULD reduce the chances
>> of light poles growing out of the subject's head. Mostly because if you
>> have to carry all that stuff around just to take vacation pictures,
>> photography would very quickly lose its allure.

> Not to mention a plain background doesn't have to come on a paper roll. It
> could be a painted/plastered wall, uniform vegetation, the sky, ...

Gee. You really think that would work? lol Wonder why the guy never
mentioned it.