Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Filter To Stop Infrared?

Filter To Stop Infrared?

Loop

I acquired a digital camera where the previous owner
removed the internal infrared filter. Are there filters available
that i can place in front of the lens to remove any or all
infrared radiation?

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>, Loop
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I acquired a digital camera where the previous owner
> removed the internal infrared filter. Are there filters available
> that i can place in front of the lens to remove any or all
> infrared radiation?

yes, look for a hot mirror filter.

Gisle Hannemyr

"Loop" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I acquired a digital camera where the previous owner
> removed the internal infrared filter. Are there filters available
> that i can place in front of the lens to remove any or all
> infrared radiation?

Yes. Searh for a "hot mirror". Tiffen makes a fairly cheap one.
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

Bob Salomon

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
"Loop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I acquired a digital camera where the previous owner
> removed the internal infrared filter. Are there filters available
> that i can place in front of the lens to remove any or all
> infrared radiation?

The Heliopan Digital filter blocks IR as well as UV

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.