Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon EF 75-300mm compatible?

Canon EF 75-300mm compatible?

techD

Hi,

I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use with my old
35mm 1000f EOS body.

Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies - if so which ones?

I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and nearly
bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this. The zoom is a non
USM model - and I assume is type I as opposed to type III.

Thanks for the help.

Rutger

"techD" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:VdOmg.369$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use with my
> old 35mm 1000f EOS body.
>
> Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies - if so which ones?
>
> I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and nearly
> bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this. The zoom is a
> non USM model - and I assume is type I as opposed to type III.

No problem. All Canon EF-lenses are suitable for all EOS cameras.

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/

Gisle Hannemyr

"techD" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use
> with my old 35mm 1000f EOS body.
>
> Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies

Yes.

> - if so which ones?

All of them. However, the FOV will be different from you film body
unless you get an EOS 5D, EOS 1Ds or EOS 1DsII.

> I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and
> nearly bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this.

At least those made by Canon. Older EF-mount Sigmas may give you
problems.
Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z

SimonLW

"techD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VdOmg.369$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a Canon 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens, which I used to use with my
> old 35mm 1000f EOS body.
>
> Is this lens compatible with the Canon Digital bodies - if so which ones?
>
> I was once told that all EF EOS fit lens were compatible - and nearly
> bought one a couple of years ago on the strength of this. The zoom is a
> non USM model - and I assume is type I as opposed to type III.
>
> Thanks for the help.

It is an EF type lensmount so it will fit on any Canon EOS film or digital
SLR body. IOW, it will fit on all Canon dSLRs.
-S

techD

SNIP:

t is an EF type lensmount so it will fit on any Canon EOS film or digital
> SLR body. IOW, it will fit on all Canon dSLRs.
> -S

Does it also retain the AUTOFOCUS ability when used on the D-SLR ???

Thanks for the help.

TD

Rutger

"techD" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:BMSmg.56518$(E-Mail Removed)...

> SNIP:
>
> t is an EF type lensmount so it will fit on any Canon EOS film or digital
>> SLR body. IOW, it will fit on all Canon dSLRs.
>> -S

> Does it also retain the AUTOFOCUS ability when used on the D-SLR ???

All autofocus Canon EF lenses will.

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager/