Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > camera advice Canon D30 vs D20

camera advice Canon D30 vs D20

Mike

Guys

I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20 or
should I invest the extra and get a D30.

Thanks in advance

Mike

jean

Get the 30D, $300 well spent.

Jean

"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:449ab9d3$0$12720$(E-Mail Removed)224.net.. .
> Guys
>
> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
> the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
> days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20

or
> should I invest the extra and get a D30.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mike

Bill Funk

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:39:28 -0400, "Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Guys
>
>I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
>the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
>days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20 or
>should I invest the extra and get a D30.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Mike

I justy made this decision, and I went with the 30D.
For me, the main advantage is the faster start-up time; with the
DRebel, after it times off (I had mine set to 8 minutes), I would need
to wait for the camera to wake up to take another picture; the 30D
wakes up almost instantly. The larger LCD in back is the next
advantage.
The bigest drawback was the new On-Off switch location! It took a
while to get used to it.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

[BnH]

Be careful what you asked for.
Canon had a D30 and now has a 30D. Both are DSLR, both are good, tho the
later is better.

=bob=

news:449ab9d3$0$12720$(E-Mail Removed)224.net.. .
> Guys
>
> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
> the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
> days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20
> or should I invest the extra and get a D30.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mike

Bartok

30D......... worthwhile improvements........... maybe also more reliable
over the longer term.

Bart

news:449ab9d3$0$12720$(E-Mail Removed)224.net.. .
> Guys
>
> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
> the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
> days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20
> or should I invest the extra and get a D30.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mike

J. Clarke

Mike wrote:

> Guys
>
> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
> the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
> days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20
> or should I invest the extra and get a D30.

What do you want to do that your Digital Rebel doesn't let you do?

Are you talking about the D30 or the 30D? They are different cameras.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Allan Sheppard

Hi Mike,
Before you decide which body to buy check that your lenses either
cover the range or are of the quality you want.
The $300 difference could possibly be better put towards upgrading the
glass than investing in a few extra bells or whistles - assuming that
they aren't essential.
Remember - it is the lens that decides the picture (mostly)

I am in a similar position and have gone for the glass.

Allan

>Guys
>
>I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
>the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
>days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20 or
>should I invest the extra and get a D30.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Mike

Bill Funk

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:42:07 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mike wrote:
>
>> Guys
>>
>> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking of
>> the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon film
>> days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying the D20
>> or should I invest the extra and get a D30.

>What do you want to do that your Digital Rebel doesn't let you do?
>
>Are you talking about the D30 or the 30D? They are different cameras.

The natural assumption would be that he's referring to the 30D, since
the D30 is a 3MP camera, and inferior to the Digital Rebel in so many
ways.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

Derek Fountain

> I justy made this decision, and I went with the 30D.
> For me, the main advantage is the faster start-up time; with the
> DRebel, after it times off (I had mine set to 8 minutes), I would need
> to wait for the camera to wake up to take another picture; the 30D
> wakes up almost instantly.

Just to clarify that: the 30D has a much faster startup time than the
Rebel. I seem to recall that the 30D has a startup time that is faster
than the 20D, but since the 20D figure is already just a fraction of a
second this is irrelevant to the OP's 30D vs 20D decision.

J. Clarke

Bill Funk wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:42:07 -0400, "J. Clarke"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Mike wrote:
>>
>>> Guys
>>>
>>> I want to upgrade my camera and I have a Digital Rebal and am thinking
>>> of the Canon D 30 or D 20 body only as I have some glass from my Canon
>>> film days. The differance in price is maybe $ 300. Is it worth buying
>>> the D20 or should I invest the extra and get a D30.

>>What do you want to do that your Digital Rebel doesn't let you do?
>>
>>Are you talking about the D30 or the 30D? They are different cameras.

> The natural assumption would be that he's referring to the 30D, since
> the D30 is a 3MP camera, and inferior to the Digital Rebel in so many
> ways.

That might be the "natural assumption" but one must be careful when one
ass-u-me-s anything. If the OP goes out and buys a D30 he's likely to be
mightily disappointed, especially if he pays a 30D price for it.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Canon D20 v Canon 350D Chalky Digital Photography 15 06-27-2005 04:50 AM
Canon D20 vs Canon Digital Rebel XT measekite Digital Photography 21 04-27-2005 05:45 AM
Canon EOS 10D and Canon EOS D30 Gallery Thomas Schultz Digital Photography 0 03-09-2005 01:03 PM
canon d20 tbm Digital Photography 2 09-19-2004 08:14 PM
380EX Canon Speedlite Compatible with D30 Canon DTysinger Digital Photography 2 11-21-2003 11:30 AM

Advertisments