Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > How much difference between 70-315 & 70-316?

How much difference between 70-315 & 70-316?

Paul

Hello,

I have passed the 70-315(Web-based application/C#) and started to prepare
70-316(Window application/C#).

Could anybody tell HOW MUCH difference and WHAT most difference between
them?

or, how much the same ...?

Thanks a lot.

Guy Cox

State Management for starters
Global.asax
Vast differences in the Datagrid for the two environments.
Construction of User and Custom Controls changes.
Forms lifecycle is different.
Security Principal -- who are you really running as under ASP.Net.
HTML
Application Configuration Settings.
Debugging techniques for ASP.Net
Server side vs Client execution
Caching.

But other than that they are the same -- they use C#

Guy

news:21WRa.27003$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have passed the 70-315(Web-based application/C#) and started to prepare
> 70-316(Window application/C#).
>
> Could anybody tell HOW MUCH difference and WHAT most difference between
> them?
>
> or, how much the same ...?
>
> Thanks a lot.

John S

> But other than that they are the same -- they use C#

Now that's going to confuse people!!!

"Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eA%(E-Mail Removed)...
> State Management for starters
> Global.asax
> Vast differences in the Datagrid for the two environments.
> Construction of User and Custom Controls changes.
> Forms lifecycle is different.
> Security Principal -- who are you really running as under ASP.Net.
> HTML
> Application Configuration Settings.
> Debugging techniques for ASP.Net
> Server side vs Client execution
> Caching.
>
> But other than that they are the same -- they use C#
>
> Guy

> news:21WRa.27003$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have passed the 70-315(Web-based application/C#) and started to

prepare
> > 70-316(Window application/C#).
> >
> > Could anybody tell HOW MUCH difference and WHAT most difference between
> > them?
> >
> > or, how much the same ...?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.

Guy Cox

Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my response
they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.

Guy

"John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > But other than that they are the same -- they use C#

> Now that's going to confuse people!!!
>
> "Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eA%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > State Management for starters
> > Global.asax
> > Vast differences in the Datagrid for the two environments.
> > Construction of User and Custom Controls changes.
> > Forms lifecycle is different.
> > Security Principal -- who are you really running as under ASP.Net.
> > HTML
> > Application Configuration Settings.
> > Debugging techniques for ASP.Net
> > Server side vs Client execution
> > Caching.
> >
> > But other than that they are the same -- they use C#
> >
> > Guy
> >

> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:21WRa.27003$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have passed the 70-315(Web-based application/C#) and started to

> prepare
> > > 70-316(Window application/C#).
> > >
> > > Could anybody tell HOW MUCH difference and WHAT most difference

between
> > > them?
> > >
> > > or, how much the same ...?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.

John S

> Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my response
> they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.

..... Let alone learning to tie their own shoe laces.

"Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my response
> they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.
>
> Guy
>
> "John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > But other than that they are the same -- they use C#

> > Now that's going to confuse people!!!
> >
> > "Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:eA%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > State Management for starters
> > > Global.asax
> > > Vast differences in the Datagrid for the two environments.
> > > Construction of User and Custom Controls changes.
> > > Forms lifecycle is different.
> > > Security Principal -- who are you really running as under ASP.Net.
> > > HTML
> > > Application Configuration Settings.
> > > Debugging techniques for ASP.Net
> > > Server side vs Client execution
> > > Caching.
> > >
> > > But other than that they are the same -- they use C#
> > >
> > > Guy
> > >

> > > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:21WRa.27003$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...

> > prepare

> between

Paul

Thanks Cox and John very much.
If I passed 315 and turned to 316, any suggestion, please?

Paul

"John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my

response
> > they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.

> .... Let alone learning to tie their own shoe laces.
>
> "Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my

response
> > they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.
> >
> > Guy
> >
> > "John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > Now that's going to confuse people!!!
> > >
> > > "Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:eA%(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > prepare

> > between

Guy Cox

Personally if you've never done much web programming, I would switch the
order and do 70-316 first..
Then do 70-315, 70-320 -- the elective 70-229, etc. and top it all off with
70-300.

BTW you'll need an IIS box to do the 70-315 series of exercises. You'll
also be constrained in learning the 70-320 material without IIS. Windows XP
Home Edition will not support IIS.

Guy

news:Y3eSa.2919$(E-Mail Removed) .rogers.com...
> Thanks Cox and John very much.
> If I passed 315 and turned to 316, any suggestion, please?
>
> Paul
>
> "John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my

> response
> > > they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.

> > .... Let alone learning to tie their own shoe laces.
> >
> > "Guy Cox" <gcoxjr-$nospam$(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Well if they cannot figure out what the answer really is from my

> response
> > > they are never going to be able to pass 70-300.
> > >
> > > Guy
> > >
> > > "John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > between

Guy Cox

The installer, ADO sections, Tracelistener, Delegates and Events all get
repetative..... But the use of the controls is vastly different and the
programming model are vastly different.

Guy

news:vWfSa.2263$(E-Mail Removed). rogers.com...
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have passed the 315, although I had nearly never worked on web
> application. So I took much work on preparing 315. But I passed.
>
> Now I am reading the book of Microsoft MCAD/MCSD Self-paced Training Kit

for