Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help with UK dealer rating please

Help with UK dealer rating please

Tim

Anyone in the UK use these people?

www.thedigitalcamerashop.co.uk/

I only found one hit on Google - any advice would be great

Also any other recommendations would be fine

TIA

Tim

John Bean

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:40:09 GMT, "Tim" <no http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyone in the UK use these people?
>
>www.thedigitalcamerashop.co.uk/

Never heard of them.

>I only found one hit on Google - any advice would be great

Hmmm... advice on what?

>Also any other recommendations would be fine

Recommendations? What about?

You sure this isn't just spam?

--
John Bean

Tim

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:40:09 GMT, "Tim" <no (E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Anyone in the UK use these people?
>>
>> www.thedigitalcamerashop.co.uk/

> Never heard of them.
>
>> I only found one hit on Google - any advice would be great

> Hmmm... advice on what?

Thanks for the quick response
They have some kit I want at a pretty good price (not silly cheap) but no
trail on the net that I can see, hence asking around in here. So any advice
on what they're like and whether I should deal with them or not would be
nice

>> Also any other recommendations would be fine

> Recommendations? What about?

Any other UK online sites that people have had good experiences with - I'm a
noob when it comes to online shopping

> You sure this isn't just spam?

Pretty sure )

Cheers

Tim

Newshound

I'm thinking about using them too. Will Google UK groups......

John Bean

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:10:58 GMT, "Tim" <no (E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>> You sure this isn't just spam?

>Pretty sure )

Ok, I believe you Tim

Do try to avoid genuine queries that read "anybody used
www.some-site-nobody-heard-of.com ?" because that's an
*almost* certain determinant that the article is pure spam.

I don't use online dealers I've never heard of, so I can't
help, sorry. But I'll accept it's a genuine query, although
you may get a better response in a UK-specific group rather
than an international (mainly US-based) one like this.

--
John Bean

Tim

> I'm thinking about using them too. Will Google UK groups......

Hi Newshound

I only found one hit for their url which is why I posted in here

As John recommended I've posted in
uk.rec.photo.misc so you might like to keep an eye on that group

Cheers

Tim

Roy G

"Tim" <no (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:t4Dlg.88724$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Anyone in the UK use these people?
>
> www.thedigitalcamerashop.co.uk/
>
> I only found one hit on Google - any advice would be great
>
> Also any other recommendations would be fine
>
> TIA
>
> Tim

Hi.

I am not sure I have heard of them either.

As Webmaster for Ayr Photographic Society, I did get a couple of Emails
asking for reciprocal links from a dealer, I had never heard of, who was not
offering our Members any special discounts. I rather think it may have been
these people, and I am not going to "click" onto their site.

I have used dabs.com several times, and found them to be excellent.
Order luchtime one day and get it the next morning.

The web site can be a bit slow at loading, and you may need to try a couple
of different routes before you get to see the full range of Cameras or
whatever. It sometimes looks as if their ranges are limited, then you find
another page with a huge range.

I once used purelygadgets.co.uk, and found them Ok. A little bit slow, 1
week, but very good prices.

Roy G

Julie T

Warehouse Express are excellent. Good prices
and very quick delivery I've found.

Julie