Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SB-800 in aperture priority - constant 1/60s

SB-800 in aperture priority - constant 1/60s

kombi45@yahoo.com

I just noticed when shooting in iTTL/BL that the shutter speed of the
camera remains a constant 1/60s even when the aperture is adjusted in
aperture priority. This is not the case in shutter priority, though.
I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
overridden?

Jim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just noticed when shooting in iTTL/BL that the shutter speed of the
> camera remains a constant 1/60s even when the aperture is adjusted in
> aperture priority. This is not the case in shutter priority, though.
> I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
> overridden?

There is a menu item on the camera that allows you to specify the minimum
shutter speed.
Jim

[BnH]

Unfortunately .. yes.
For me, Canon Av mode is more suited for fill flash as the shutter speed is
also adjustable.
Whilst on Nikon iTTL enabled body as Jim mentioned, you can set a lower
speed but it is fixed at that speed.
Hence I normally use M mode for all my fill flash work.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just noticed when shooting in iTTL/BL that the shutter speed of the
> camera remains a constant 1/60s even when the aperture is adjusted in
> aperture priority. This is not the case in shutter priority, though.
> I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
> overridden?

Jim

"[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message
news:4496b76c$0$12250$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unfortunately .. yes.
> For me, Canon Av mode is more suited for fill flash as the shutter speed
> is also adjustable.
> Whilst on Nikon iTTL enabled body as Jim mentioned, you can set a lower
> speed but it is fixed at that speed.
> Hence I normally use M mode for all my fill flash work.
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>I just noticed when shooting in iTTL/BL that the shutter speed of the
>> camera remains a constant 1/60s even when the aperture is adjusted in
>> aperture priority. This is not the case in shutter priority, though.
>> I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
>> overridden?

Another way to circumvent the problem (with Nikon bodies) is to use slow
sync.
Jim