Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Problem loading photos into PSE4

Problem loading photos into PSE4

MikeM

When I click <Get photos> icon in PSE4 nothing loads and I get the
following message

The ODBC data source reported the following error:
(internal error:data not found)

There are no problems loading to other programs. I tried reinstalling
PSE4 and clicking repair, but nothing changed.

Thanks
Mike

David Harmon

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:51:08 GMT in rec.photo.digital, MikeM
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>When I click <Get photos> icon in PSE4 nothing loads and I get the
>following message
>
>The ODBC data source reported the following error:
>(internal error:data not found)
>
>There are no problems loading to other programs. I tried reinstalling
>PSE4 and clicking repair, but nothing changed.

The problem is not with your photography.
You should try asking an a photoshop newsgroup,
like comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

Bill Hilton

>MikeM wrote:
> When I click <Get photos> icon in PSE4 nothing loads and I get the
> following message
>
> The ODBC data source reported the following error:
> (internal error:data not found)
>
> There are no problems loading to other programs. I tried reinstalling
> PSE4 and clicking repair, but nothing changed.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

I don't have E4 but in E3 there are a couple of other ways you can open
the images so maybe try those and see if they work ... in the 'standard
edit' mode do File - Open and select a file by name, or do File -
Browse Folders and double-click one of the icons to open the file.

If these don't work then you have a serious problem and should probably
contact Adobe.

Bill

PanHandler

"Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I don't have E4 but in E3 there are a couple of other ways you can open
> the images so maybe try those and see if they work ... in the 'standard
> edit' mode do File - Open and select a file by name, or do File -
> Browse Folders and double-click one of the icons to open the file.

Drag and drop works well.

Shawn Hirn

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
David Harmon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:51:08 GMT in rec.photo.digital, MikeM
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
> >When I click <Get photos> icon in PSE4 nothing loads and I get the
> >following message
> >
> >The ODBC data source reported the following error:
> >(internal error:data not found)
> >
> >There are no problems loading to other programs. I tried reinstalling
> >PSE4 and clicking repair, but nothing changed.

> The problem is not with your photography.
> You should try asking an a photoshop newsgroup,
> like comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

Or the OP should check Adobe's web site in the troubleshooting section.

MikeM

I got no replies on the suggested site.

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:15:40 GMT, David Harmon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:51:08 GMT in rec.photo.digital, MikeM
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>>When I click <Get photos> icon in PSE4 nothing loads and I get the
>>following message
>>
>>The ODBC data source reported the following error:
>>(internal error:data not found)
>>
>>There are no problems loading to other programs. I tried reinstalling
>>PSE4 and clicking repair, but nothing changed.

>The problem is not with your photography.
>You should try asking an a photoshop newsgroup,
>like comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

Rina

I had an error like that a while ago, but cant remember the fix.(I'm kind
of burned out tonight) It has something to do with a corrupted data file.

You need to log on to adobe forums, then set ask for help on the
adobeforums.com news group, adobe.photoshopelements.

Rina

"MikeM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got no replies on the suggested site.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 00:15:40 GMT, David Harmon <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:51:08 GMT in rec.photo.digital, MikeM
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>>>When I click <Get photos> icon in PSE4 nothing loads and I get the
>>>following message
>>>
>>>The ODBC data source reported the following error:
>>>(internal error:data not found)

MikeM

In case anyone is interested I found the solution on a forum. In
Organiser click Files>Catalogue>recover.

Mike