Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > CCD Sensor Vacuum?

CCD Sensor Vacuum?

MacyPhotography

Curious if anyone has tried a sensor vacuum or cleaning dust.
I've seen this product mentioned in other forums, just looking for
anyone who might have tried it.

http://www.green-cleanusa.com/sensor-cleaning-kits.html

kombi45@yahoo.com

MacyPhotography wrote:
> Curious if anyone has tried a sensor vacuum or cleaning dust.
> I've seen this product mentioned in other forums, just looking for
> anyone who might have tried it.
>
> http://www.green-cleanusa.com/sensor-cleaning-kits.html

Compressed air from Staples. Period. I've had one speck of dust on my
sensor since learning how to do this, and I blew it right off. Even
after heavy use, I'll blow it across the filter and throughout the
housing and as I said, I haven't had a speck in well over a year. I
check every so often at f/18 focused on a blue sky, and nothing.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
"MacyPhotography" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Curious if anyone has tried a sensor vacuum or cleaning dust.
> I've seen this product mentioned in other forums, just looking for
> anyone who might have tried it.
>
> http://www.green-cleanusa.com/sensor-cleaning-kits.html

I've used a simple brush with blower bulb. It helps to clean the CCD
over the output of an air filter (real filter, not an ionizer!) so you
don't add new dust. It takes me about 10 seconds to get a perfectly
clean CCD.