Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Before you plan anything, read this.

Before you plan anything, read this.

tommylee

Gevorg

So what if you have done already?

Davin Mickelson

The article stated...

"The average computer programmer in India costs $20 per hour in wages and
benefits, compared to $65 per hour for an American with a comparable degree
and experience, according to consulting firm Cap Gemini Ernst & Young."

Hmm... $65.00/hour is roughly equal to $130,000 per year salary. This seems
pretty high to me for an "average computer programmer".

Maybe they should have hired a consulting firm from another country to
perform the survey.

Davin Mickelson

"tommylee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech....ap/index.html

Tim

"Davin Mickelson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hmm... $65.00/hour is roughly equal to $130,000 per year salary. This

seems
> pretty high to me for an "average computer programmer".

No, an annual salary is only part of the cost of a full time employee. There
are significant costs in taxes and benefits, plus overhead if you're
providing office space and equipment. $65/hour is probably more comparable
to a full time employee paid about $65,000-$75,000 per year, though that
will obviously vary based on applicable local taxes, paid benefits, and
overhead expenses.

mave

Well, you can always move to India. I hear the wheather is
great there too...

ap/index.html

>--
>.

Fool4vb

No Big Macs though...

"mave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:078a01c34d37$38a519b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, you can always move to India. I hear the wheather is
> great there too...

Clark

Wow.. so "most" of the people "you've" met act a certain way according to
you! Well this certainly IS information worth having (sarcasm)!!!
So IF these experiences are limited to SOME the people YOU have personally
met what would that percentage of the entire population of Indians living in
the US would this be?
..0002%?, I doubt even that. Thanks for relating your experiences and THANKS
even more for attempting to qualify yourself as "not racist" by explaining
to your humble audience that you aren't indeed talking about "everybody"
(which of course would be impossible).

"I also find integrity to be a big issue when dealing with Indian
programmers"

I find it astounding that people would still make comments like this in the
year 2003!

--Clarkness

news:(E-Mail Removed)...