Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > H&M photo contest

H&M photo contest

TP

Hello from Poland

H&M just started a photo contest at

I would be gratefull if you could take a look at my photos
and vote - constructive critique is of course also welcome.

http://tinyurl.com/poj64
http://tinyurl.com/m2wpt
http://tinyurl.com/mbll3

p.s. the web page is a little pain in the ...
(extensive use of macromedia flash. Main contest
window is a popup and I have been told does not
work in all browsers - I checked in IE and Firefox
and it worked OK, but Opera users can have a
problem viewing the page) and requires
a bit of patience for the pictures to load.
After the popup apears you have to move your
mouse around the 'sand' on the left side to uncover
the text and then wait a moment for the menu to slide
from the right and then the picture to slide
from the bottom.
Also voting itself is a little cumbersome, you don't
click a number 1 to 5 but instead need to use the
arrows to move the slider and then click 'Vote'

Thanks,
Tomasz Plawski

Helen

"TP <WROC>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e6771b$1mqu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello from Poland
>
> H&M just started a photo contest at
>
> I would be gratefull if you could take a look at my photos
> and vote - constructive critique is of course also welcome.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/

And goodbye from England.
I know better than to go to a tinyurl.
Have the courage of your convictions and post the proper URL.

maxsilverstar@yahoo.com

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:54:30 +0100, "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"TP <WROC>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:e6771b$1mqu$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello from Poland
>>
>> H&M just started a photo contest at
>>
>> I would be gratefull if you could take a look at my photos
>> and vote - constructive critique is of course also welcome.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/

>And goodbye from England.
>I know better than to go to a tinyurl.
>Have the courage of your convictions and post the proper URL.

You don't need to fear tinyurls. If you go to http://tinyurl.com you can enable
previews that show you the destination URL so you can then choose whether to go
to it or not. The only requirement is you must enable cookies in your browser
for the tinyurl site.

If you enable previews at tinyurl.com and click on the first link given by the
OP you'll see why tinyurls are legitimately used by many posters. The resulting
URL in this case looks to be over 100 characters long, which would result in at
least one line break in most news clients. That would prohibit loading the
'proper URL' by clicking it, and require instead at least two copy and paste
operations to get the URL into your browser.

John McWilliams

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:54:30 +0100, "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "TP <WROC>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> I know better than to go to a tinyurl.
>> Have the courage of your convictions and post the proper URL.
>>

> You don't need to fear tinyurls.

I think prudence is a better word than fear.

If you go to http://tinyurl.com you can enable
> previews that show you the destination URL so you can then choose whether to go
> to it or not. The only requirement is you must enable cookies in your browser
> for the tinyurl site.

Not gonna happen for some of us, the extra steps, that is.

> If you enable previews at tinyurl.com and click on the first link given by the
> OP you'll see why tinyurls are legitimately used by many posters. The resulting
> URL in this case looks to be over 100 characters long, which would result in at
> least one line break in most news clients. That would prohibit loading the
> 'proper URL' by clicking it, and require instead at least two copy and paste
> operations to get the URL into your browser.

A decent newsreader honors brackets < like these > and doesn't break
URLs of great length.

--
John McWilliams

Photo Contest Pam Digital Photography 0 08-10-2003 10:49 PM
Photo Contest Pam Digital Photography 0 08-10-2003 10:46 PM
Photo Contest Pam Digital Photography 0 08-10-2003 10:44 PM
Photo Contest R R Digital Photography 0 08-05-2003 01:08 PM

Advertisments