Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Question about AF light on Nikon 4600

Question about AF light on Nikon 4600

Charisma77star

I have a Nikon coolpix 4600 camera and a couple of days ago it stopped
taking pictures. The AF light below the flash light next to the
viewfinder keeps blinking at me and on the screen a Red dot(sometimes
green) with AF next to it keeps flashing. It wont let me take pictures
or move any of the settings. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
~Karla

Ace

Charisma77star wrote:
> Can anyone help me?
> Thanks
> ~Karla

Karla

I don't think so. I am sure you have read the book.

Bob AZ

John Falstaff

"Charisma77star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
>I have a Nikon coolpix 4600 camera and a couple of days ago it stopped
> taking pictures. The AF light below the flash light next to the
> viewfinder keeps blinking at me and on the screen a Red dot(sometimes
> green) with AF next to it keeps flashing. It wont let me take pictures
> or move any of the settings. Can anyone help me?
> Thanks
> ~Karla

The flashing AF light near the viewfinder is telling you the camera can't
focus. This is also what the flashing green dot on the monitor is telling
you.

The flashing red dot on the monitor is telling you the flash is charging. It
should only do this for a few seconds.

Are you sure your batteries are good and/or fully charged? When you turn the
camera on, does the lens extend in the normal way? What does the battery
indicator in the monitor show when you turn the camera on?

What do you mean when you say it won't let you move any of the settings?
What is the mode dial (to the right of the viewfinder) turned to?

Charisma77star

Batterys are brand new, lens opens up all the way. When I have the
setting on say the camera...and i change it to video it wont change to
video., it also wont take pictures and the menu wont come up when i hit
the menu button.
I guess I will try taking it to a camera shop.

John Falstaff wrote:
> "Charisma77star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> >I have a Nikon coolpix 4600 camera and a couple of days ago it stopped
> > taking pictures. The AF light below the flash light next to the
> > viewfinder keeps blinking at me and on the screen a Red dot(sometimes
> > green) with AF next to it keeps flashing. It wont let me take pictures
> > or move any of the settings. Can anyone help me?
> > Thanks
> > ~Karla

> The flashing AF light near the viewfinder is telling you the camera can't
> focus. This is also what the flashing green dot on the monitor is telling
> you.
>
> The flashing red dot on the monitor is telling you the flash is charging. It
> should only do this for a few seconds.
>
> Are you sure your batteries are good and/or fully charged? When you turn the
> camera on, does the lens extend in the normal way? What does the battery
> indicator in the monitor show when you turn the camera on?
>
> What do you mean when you say it won't let you move any of the settings?
> What is the mode dial (to the right of the viewfinder) turned to?

John Falstaff

"Charisma77star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Batterys are brand new, lens opens up all the way. When I have the
> setting on say the camera...and i change it to video it wont change to
> video., it also wont take pictures and the menu wont come up when i hit
> the menu button.
> I guess I will try taking it to a camera shop.

That's probably a good idea, if the camera is out of its warranty period.
From your description it does sound like something is wrong with it.

Hope you get it fixed all right. the Coolpix 4600 is a nice little camera.

Nikon Coolpix 4600 - system error hinchliffstevenospam@nospamyahoo.co.uk Digital Photography 2 12-25-2006 09:21 AM
Nikon 4600 Ken Digital Photography 2 05-18-2006 11:57 AM
Fuji E510, Canon 520, Nikon 4600 kappo50@yahoo.com Digital Photography 1 10-27-2005 04:45 AM
Configuration Questons for New Dell 4600 PC DVD+ RW Drive Mike Computer Support 9 07-27-2004 11:20 PM
Scanner HP 4600 series Jerry G. Computer Support 0 04-23-2004 06:53 AM

Advertisments