Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > sepia with Photoshop

sepia with Photoshop

Terry

What's the best way to get a sepia effect using Photoshop? I thought it
would be easy. Nothing I try looks right.

--
Terry
Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.

dwight

"Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> What's the best way to get a sepia effect using Photoshop? I thought it
> would be easy. Nothing I try looks right.
>
> --
> Terry

Did you ask this in the Photoshop newsgroups?

I recently had occasion to do something like this. Took a digital photo,
created a blank layer above it, used the paint bucket to pour on a layer of
brown and then took it back to about a 30% transparency.

Otherwise, got me...

dwight

Paul Heslop

Terry wrote:

> What's the best way to get a sepia effect using Photoshop? I thought it
> would be easy. Nothing I try looks right.
>
> --
> Terry
> Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.

Some things just aren't friendly in photoshop. I have more than one
program so I don't get stuck on this stuff but I found a couple of
tutorials for you which should help

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/sepia/sepia.htm

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/pho...t/apssepia.htm
--
Paul (she dreams in color, she dreams in red)
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Some things just aren't friendly in photoshop.

Especially if the user doesn't look at what he paid for.

lorento

Paul Heslop

2 wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Some things just aren't friendly in photoshop.

> Especially if the user doesn't look at what he paid for.

I don't need that much pressure. I have more friendly programs and I
find photoshop cumbersome to say the least. It does some things just
the way I like them, but runs a poor second to Paintshop for others.
--
Paul (she dreams in color, she dreams in red)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

sepia with Photoshop Terry Digital Photography 4 06-06-2006 06:06 PM
Sepia tones through C# code Cynicor Digital Photography 0 12-30-2004 03:21 PM
sepia? mickey Computer Support 2 06-10-2004 11:07 AM
Nikon, sepia automatically? Felix Oscar Digital Photography 1 03-06-2004 11:22 PM

Advertisments