Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Recent flood of sporgeries containing headers pointing to the imagenoir.com domain

Recent flood of sporgeries containing headers pointing to the imagenoir.com domain

Lionel

I am the owner of the imagenoir.com domain. The sporgeries are
completely unrelated to my networks, or any of my domains, & the
references to my domain are faked.

The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob
Steve R. Young (AKA Bowtie, Rasta Khan, etc) for tipping people off in
various newsgroups to his other forgeries & numerous other forms of
net-abuse.

If you'd like to discuss the actual culprit's net-abuse with him, his
email address is <(E-Mail Removed)>, & his provider is
<(E-Mail Removed)>.

Eric Schreiber

Lionel wrote:

> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob

Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
of uninvolved people.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Lionel

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:26:25 -0500, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at
ericschreiber dot com> opined:

>Lionel wrote:
>
>> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob

>Well, thanks for identifying him and calling him names so that he's
>encouraged to continue to spoof your domain and annoy entire newsgroups
>of uninvolved people.

Steve Young's been pulling this sort of crap for going on 4 years now,
in a wide variety of newsgroups where people have refused to let him
set rules as to what people are & aren't allowed to say in them.

Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people, & I personally
will buy you lots of your favourite celebratory beverage.

Helen

"Lionel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am the owner of the imagenoir.com domain. The sporgeries are
> completely unrelated to my networks, or any of my domains, & the
> references to my domain are faked.
>
> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob
> Steve R. Young (AKA Bowtie, Rasta Khan, etc) for tipping people off in
> various newsgroups to his other forgeries & numerous other forms of
> net-abuse.

Well that's sure to scare him off.
Thanks a lot, whoever the bloody hell you really are, I'm in no doubt that
all the floods of crap will stop now.

Eric Schreiber

Lionel wrote:

> Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
> obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
> peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
> one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people

There's one sure-fire way to get rid of them. It's called "ignore
them". They crave attention, and if they're not getting it will
eventually go somewhere else.

Unfortunately, few regular Usenet posters are capable of ignoring all
the next kooks, and inevitably someone continues to feed them. I've
been guilty of it myself on occasion - pointing out the flaws in
whats-her-names arguments in the Sandisk thread likely qualifies.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Lionel

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:15:55 -0500, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at
ericschreiber dot com> opined:

>Lionel wrote:
>
>> Please feel free to suggest an effective method for preventing
>> obsessive-compulsive net-kooks from running sporgebots & forging other
>> peoples' domains via anonymising proxy servers. If you come up with
>> one that works, you'll be a hero to a lot of people

>There's one sure-fire way to get rid of them. It's called "ignore
>them".

Yeah, & that worked so incredibly well for the poor woman that
Bowtie's been following all over Usenet, despite her unsubscribing
from the group he first targetted her in, changing her email address,
etc. It didn't work very well for the people he harrassed in RL
either.

> They crave attention, and if they're not getting it will
>eventually go somewhere else.
>
>Unfortunately, few regular Usenet posters are capable of ignoring all
>the next kooks, and inevitably someone continues to feed them.

That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
there about two years ago - he's still there. Oh, & the sporgery flood
that you're bitching about is his third or forth temper tantrum this
month.

Like I said: Come up with a method that actually works & you'll be a
hero. In the meantime, I'm not interested in hearing the same smug
platitudes from people who haven't actually had to deal with any real
stalkers.

Lionel

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:18:44 +0100, "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)>
opined:

>"Lionel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I am the owner of the imagenoir.com domain. The sporgeries are
>> completely unrelated to my networks, or any of my domains, & the
>> references to my domain are faked.
>>
>> The flood is a revenge attack against me by mentally-ill whackjob
>> Steve R. Young (AKA Bowtie, Rasta Khan, etc) for tipping people off in
>> various newsgroups to his other forgeries & numerous other forms of
>> net-abuse.

>Well that's sure to scare him off.
>Thanks a lot, whoever the bloody hell you really are, I'm in no doubt that
>all the floods of crap will stop now.

Go whine to all the geniuses who've been emailing complaints to the
addresses he forged into the headers of his sporgeries.

Alternatively, you're very welcome to take on the job of responding
individually to their emails with an explanation of why they're
complaining to the wrong person. It might take you a while...

Eric Schreiber

Lionel wrote:

> That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
> there about two years ago - he's still there.

Yes, and he's still there for precisely the reason I outlined. He's
still getting what he craves - attention.

> I'm not interested in hearing the same smug platitudes from
>people who haven't actually had to deal with any real stalkers.

Sorry to disappoint, but I have dealt with such.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Lionel

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:32:50 -0500, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at
ericschreiber dot com> opined:

>Lionel wrote:
>
>> That's what all the news.groups reg's said when he first appeared in
>> there about two years ago - he's still there.

>Yes, and he's still there for precisely the reason I outlined. He's
>still getting what he craves - attention.
>
>> I'm not interested in hearing the same smug platitudes from
>>people who haven't actually had to deal with any real stalkers.

>Sorry to disappoint, but I have dealt with such.

Sure you have.

Bye!

Eric Schreiber

Lionel wrote:

>> Sorry to disappoint, but I have dealt with such.

> Sure you have.

I do believe you're chenneling Rita.

--
www.ericschreiber.com