Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: MCSD worth

Re: MCSD worth

Cenk Butunley

Some companies look for MCSD certified developers even in their
advertisments and if they are preparing to be a ms or ms gold partner they
need at least 4 people certified.

And I don't know why people are continously telling people: MCSD is
worthless. Of course experience is the primary factor, but MCSD
certification is as important as a bachelors degree in Software Eng for
employers and agencies.

So please stop diverting people away from their path.

"Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Knowledge is power.

> No, money is.

John S

You are a complete idiot if you believe any Microsoft certification is worth
anything in the real world.
As for ms partners, well there you go, another pointless title (BTW to be an
ms partner it's 2 people not 4). Any one man his dog/wife/boyfriend can
become one. Thankfully many of them are going bang.

"Cenk Butunley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some companies look for MCSD certified developers even in their
> advertisments and if they are preparing to be a ms or ms gold partner they
> need at least 4 people certified.
>
> And I don't know why people are continously telling people: MCSD is
> worthless. Of course experience is the primary factor, but MCSD
> certification is as important as a bachelors degree in Software Eng for
> employers and agencies.
>
> So please stop diverting people away from their path.
>
> "Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >Knowledge is power.

> > No, money is.

Cenk Butunley

So it's not worth anything in the world, why are there 10000 MCSEs and 5000
MCADs.

You are an idiot, if you're studying for such a worthless thing
"John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You are a complete idiot if you believe any Microsoft certification is

worth
> anything in the real world.
> As for ms partners, well there you go, another pointless title (BTW to be

an
> ms partner it's 2 people not 4). Any one man his dog/wife/boyfriend can
> become one. Thankfully many of them are going bang.
>
> "Cenk Butunley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Some companies look for MCSD certified developers even in their
> > advertisments and if they are preparing to be a ms or ms gold partner

they
> > need at least 4 people certified.
> >
> > And I don't know why people are continously telling people: MCSD is
> > worthless. Of course experience is the primary factor, but MCSD
> > certification is as important as a bachelors degree in Software Eng for
> > employers and agencies.
> >
> > So please stop diverting people away from their path.
> >
> > "Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > No, money is.

Jamie

you have posted to the wrong newsgroup my friend....

that one should have went to alt.humour.jokes

or alt.i.am.stupid

"Cenk Butunley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Some companies look for MCSD certified developers even in their
> advertisments and if they are preparing to be a ms or ms gold partner they
> need at least 4 people certified.
>
> And I don't know why people are continously telling people: MCSD is
> worthless. Of course experience is the primary factor, but MCSD
> certification is as important as a bachelors degree in Software Eng for
> employers and agencies.
>
> So please stop diverting people away from their path.
>
> "Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >Knowledge is power.

> > No, money is.

GVaught

Hmm.... Alan Are you certified?

Have you taken any of the tests? If you consider $9,000 dollars cheap and
$100+ per test cheap, then i concede you are correct on that point. I agree
you can get classes completed within maybe six weeks to 9 weeks. However, if
you fail a test, I believe you have to wait 6 months before testing again. I
could be wrong on this and will stand corrected if I am wrong.

Considering 99% of the jobs I've been looking at lately requiring
programming knowledge; 99% are asking for an MCSD and those requesting
Networking knowledge are asking for MCSE certs. Now, why is that, Mr. Davis?
My Master's in Computer Information Systems won't fly...... Hmm worthless...
You, must be another Liberal or Democrat....

"Alan Davis" <.> wrote in message
news:OT$(E-Mail Removed)...
> There are considerably more than 10000 mcse's.
>
> The reason there are so many is because the certification process is
> very easy, relatively cheap to complete, can be completed in a short
> space of time and no experience is required. There is also the 'small'
> matter that it is easy to cheat, which as also helped to undermine the
> certs.
>
> Being certified unfortunately means nothing as it proves nothing. Having
> said that, if one gets a pay raise, finds a job/work or keeps a job by
> having a cert or two, that peason may feel different. For most, it won't
> help at at.
>

> Cenk Butunley wrote:
> > So it's not worth anything in the world, why are there 10000 MCSEs and

5000
> > MCADs.
> >
> > You are an idiot, if you're studying for such a worthless thing
> > "John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>You are a complete idiot if you believe any Microsoft certification is

> > worth
> >
> >>anything in the real world.
> >>As for ms partners, well there you go, another pointless title (BTW to

be

> > an
> >
> >>ms partner it's 2 people not 4). Any one man his dog/wife/boyfriend can
> >>become one. Thankfully many of them are going bang.
> >>
> >>"Cenk Butunley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > they

Alan Davis

> Hmm.... Alan Are you certified?

Yes. Microsoft (22 exams) as well as other certs.

What this '$9,000 dollars'? If people want to pay for boot camp training
courses, that's fine, to me it's a waste of money. If people work with
the product day in day out there is no need shell out any money. If
people want to use the microsoft certification process as an entry into
the profession, well good luck to them, it is not likely to happen
though. The only winners in the 'certification process' are the so
called test providers and the publishers of worthless mcse/mcsd training
books.

> I believe you have to wait 6 months before testing again.

Not true. Don't know (or care) what the figure is, but it's no more than
14 days.

> Considering 99% of the jobs I've been looking at lately requiring
> programming knowledge;

Only 99%? I would thought 100%. I don't ever remember seeing a job role
which involves 'programming' saying 'no experience necessary'.

> 99% are asking for an MCSD and those requesting
> Networking knowledge are asking for MCSE certs. Now, why is that, Mr.
> Davis?

Certainly nowhere near the case in the UK. Although there are more
requirements for mcse's than mcsd's. Problely 20% mcse, 5% mcsd.

> My Master's in Computer Information Systems won't fly

Mine does, along with 15 years real world experience.

> You, must be another Liberal or Democrat....

Fortunately neither - I'm a Brit.

Shanmuga Raja

Your words are really encouraging! thanks!

"Cenk Butunley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some companies look for MCSD certified developers even in their
> advertisments and if they are preparing to be a ms or ms gold partner they
> need at least 4 people certified.
>
> And I don't know why people are continously telling people: MCSD is
> worthless. Of course experience is the primary factor, but MCSD
> certification is as important as a bachelors degree in Software Eng for
> employers and agencies.
>
> So please stop diverting people away from their path.
>
> "Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >Knowledge is power.

> > No, money is.

John S

What are you? An idiot or just plain stupid -Boy.

"GVaught" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmm... John S: Are you a democrat or a Liberal?
>
> "John S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You are a complete idiot if you believe any Microsoft certification is

> worth
> > anything in the real world.
> > As for ms partners, well there you go, another pointless title (BTW to

be
> an
> > ms partner it's 2 people not 4). Any one man his dog/wife/boyfriend can
> > become one. Thankfully many of them are going bang.
> >
> > "Cenk Butunley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Some companies look for MCSD certified developers even in their
> > > advertisments and if they are preparing to be a ms or ms gold partner

> they
> > > need at least 4 people certified.
> > >
> > > And I don't know why people are continously telling people: MCSD is
> > > worthless. Of course experience is the primary factor, but MCSD
> > > certification is as important as a bachelors degree in Software Eng

for
> > > employers and agencies.
> > >
> > > So please stop diverting people away from their path.
> > >
> > > "Kline Sphere" <T> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

GVaught

"Alan Davis" <.> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hmm.... Alan Are you certified?

> Yes. Microsoft (22 exams) as well as other certs.
> Good for you...... The way you were knocking them, you gave me a

different impression. I stand corrected.

> What this '$9,000 dollars'? If people want to pay for boot camp training
> courses, that's fine, to me it's a waste of money. If people work with
> the product day in day out there is no need shell out any money. If
> people want to use the microsoft certification process as an entry into
> the profession, well good luck to them, it is not likely to happen
> though. The only winners in the 'certification process' are the so
> called test providers and the publishers of worthless mcse/mcsd training
> books.

** I agree that boot camps are not the way to go; however those who
want to get the quick fix usually go
this route. Years of experience will definitely aid in passing
the exams and eliminate the need for special books and boot camps.

> > I believe you have to wait 6 months before testing again; maybe this

was a requirement imposed on some boot camp facilities here in the U.S.

> Not true. Don't know (or care) what the figure is, but it's no more than
> 14 days.

** I stand corrected.

> > Considering 99% of the jobs I've been looking at lately requiring
> > programming knowledge;

> Only 99%? I would thought 100%. I don't ever remember seeing a job role
> which involves 'programming' saying 'no experience necessary'.

*** You misunderstood this line. Yes all the positions required
programming experience, which I have in addition to my degree. What I meant
is they also were requiring MCSD certs, which I don't have. This alone has
prevented me from getting interviews although I'm more than capable of
performing in the position.

> > 99% are asking for an MCSD and those requesting
> > Networking knowledge are asking for MCSE certs. Now, why is that, Mr.
> > Davis?

> Certainly nowhere near the case in the UK. Although there are more
> requirements for mcse's than mcsd's. Problely 20% mcse, 5% mcsd.
>
> > My Master's in Computer Information Systems won't fly

> Mine does, along with 15 years real world experience.

** My Master's w/ 12 years of experience should produce results;
however as soon as a company specifies MCSD as a requirement, we are
ignored. This means someone with an MCSD/Bachelor's or no degree/1 year of
experience beats a Master's w/12 years and no MCSD.

> > You, must be another Liberal or Democrat....

> Fortunately neither - I'm a Brit.

** Thank goodness... huh!
** I'm neither also.

GVaught

Hmm. struck a nerve......

Does MCSD worth declining? Jaime MCSD 0 07-27-2003 10:26 PM
Re: Does MCSD worth declining? John S MCSD 0 07-27-2003 10:05 PM
How much is an MCSD.NET worth? peter burke MCSD 4 07-04-2003 11:18 AM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments