Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Microsoft, Please READ THIS!

Microsoft, Please READ THIS!

David Wade

Dear Microsurfs-in-the-sky, (or nether regions from where exams extrude)

I just took and passed the 70-305 exam. This exam you've created has
little to do with programming and a lot to do with trivial route
memorization. Please redo the exams so that we get to demonstrate our
programming ability using a simulated version of VS.

A. It will reflect skills I have developed by my daily work using the
technology.

B. It will make it slightly more difficult to cheat sheets to devalue the
exam for all of us.

G'grief, if you can create Flight Simulator 2004 (awesome!), this shouldn't
be too difficult.

Secondly, the center where I took my test says they don't make any money off
of the exams, consequently I took the exam with a sticky mouse and a crappy
13 inch monitor with a flickering 60mhz refresh rate. ***grrr*** Any chance
you can mandate descent equipment?

There, that's my two cents into the wind.

Steffi

I fully agree with David. Lots of my friends have similar complaint
about the 70-305 exam.

Steffis S.

"David Wade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bej06t$9ob$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Dear Microsurfs-in-the-sky, (or nether regions from where exams extrude)
>

> I just took and passed the 70-305 exam. This exam you've created has
> little to do with programming and a lot to do with trivial route
> memorization. Please redo the exams so that we get to demonstrate our
> programming ability using a simulated version of VS.
>

> A. It will reflect skills I have developed by my daily work using the
> technology.
>
> B. It will make it slightly more difficult to cheat sheets to devalue the
> exam for all of us.
>

> G'grief, if you can create Flight Simulator 2004 (awesome!), this shouldn't
> be too difficult.
>

> Secondly, the center where I took my test says they don't make any money off
> of the exams, consequently I took the exam with a sticky mouse and a crappy
> 13 inch monitor with a flickering 60mhz refresh rate. ***grrr*** Any chance
> you can mandate descent equipment?
>

> There, that's my two cents into the wind.

Alan Davis

> There, that's my two cents into the wind.

Yep.

Petter BÝrkeeiet

Please Microsoft. Wait until I've taken the exam. I'm doing the 70-228 and
70-229 before I'll start on the developer exams. That would be approx at new
year.

Brgds, Petter
"David Wade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bej06t$9ob$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Microsurfs-in-the-sky, (or nether regions from where exams extrude)
>

> I just took and passed the 70-305 exam. This exam you've created has
> little to do with programming and a lot to do with trivial route
> memorization. Please redo the exams so that we get to demonstrate our
> programming ability using a simulated version of VS.
>

> A. It will reflect skills I have developed by my daily work using the
> technology.
>
> B. It will make it slightly more difficult to cheat sheets to devalue the
> exam for all of us.
>

> G'grief, if you can create Flight Simulator 2004 (awesome!), this

shouldn't
> be too difficult.
>

> Secondly, the center where I took my test says they don't make any money

off
> of the exams, consequently I took the exam with a sticky mouse and a

crappy
> 13 inch monitor with a flickering 60mhz refresh rate. ***grrr*** Any

chance
> you can mandate descent equipment?
>

> There, that's my two cents into the wind.

Al Manint

I agree with this 1000000%. The exams are too easy.

--Al

"David Wade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bej06t$9ob$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Microsurfs-in-the-sky, (or nether regions from where exams extrude)
>

> I just took and passed the 70-305 exam. This exam you've created has
> little to do with programming and a lot to do with trivial route
> memorization. Please redo the exams so that we get to demonstrate our
> programming ability using a simulated version of VS.
>

> A. It will reflect skills I have developed by my daily work using the
> technology.
>
> B. It will make it slightly more difficult to cheat sheets to devalue the
> exam for all of us.
>

> G'grief, if you can create Flight Simulator 2004 (awesome!), this

shouldn't
> be too difficult.
>

> Secondly, the center where I took my test says they don't make any money

off
> of the exams, consequently I took the exam with a sticky mouse and a

crappy
> 13 inch monitor with a flickering 60mhz refresh rate. ***grrr*** Any

chance
> you can mandate descent equipment?
>

> There, that's my two cents into the wind.

Guy Cox

Yes and make the test software scroll-wheel aware while you're at it.. What
a pain to have to run the mouse all over the desktop to view the incredibly
long answers on 70-229. The question on triggers must have been 4 full
screens long.

Guy