Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Re: Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database

Guy Cox

Convert to Access? You're absolutely nuts... Go for MSDE at least so that
you can eventually upsize it to SQL Server.. Access doesn't have triggers
or cursors in the traditional sense of the word. The conversion will drive
you nuts.

Not to mention the limitation on the number of connections and the DB
size....

Guy

"Andrew Ferrera" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:024f01c3458b$dcd170f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am a project manager at First Investigative Consultants
> (La Crescenta, CA). I am looking for any information that
> you might have that would lead me to either a reputable
> Software design firm or individual that can "grow" with us.
> We have a nearly turn-key software that was designed in
> Oracle that we would like to convert to Access likely with
> a Visual Basic Front. We will need a company or individual
> that has the resources to work with us in creating what
> will become the industry standard all-in-one P.I. business
> software.
>

> --
> Andrew Ferrera
> Project Manager
> First Investigative Consultants
>
> (81 957-1958

sharon

Yep, I agree with Guy. DON'T go for Access, I work for a
large company and have lost count of the amount of times
I've had to convert Access databases to SQL Server. The
time it ends up taking is ridiculous. I would never
recommend Access for anything more than a home user.

Cheers,
Sharon