Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > looking to print posters

looking to print posters

Tony Rice

Any recomendations on one of the online printers who does poster sized
prints? Do any of the online printers (snapfish, ofoto, club photo,
cafepress, etc.) accept large files? I've got some photo mosaics that I'd
like to be able to get 20x30 prints of at a reasonable price and good
enough resolution that you can make out the individual tiles that make up
the mosaic. Which of these services has large upper limits on files (i.e.
10Meg+) so that you've got a reasonable shot of getting something 20x30
printed at 30dpi ?)

ink

"Tony Rice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Any recomendations on one of the online printers who does poster sized
> prints? Do any of the online printers (snapfish, ofoto, club photo,
> cafepress, etc.) accept large files? I've got some photo mosaics that I'd
> like to be able to get 20x30 prints of at a reasonable price and good
> enough resolution that you can make out the individual tiles that make up
> the mosaic. Which of these services has large upper limits on files (i.e.
> 10Meg+) so that you've got a reasonable shot of getting something 20x30
> printed at 30dpi ?)

FWIW I've recently sent a 170MB panorama to www.colormailer.com for
large-format printing (40x160cms) and I've been very pleased with
the result. They do more "normal" poster formats as well, as far as
I know.

HTH
ink

Kinon O'cann