Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > camer choice help needs

camer choice help needs

Seamus J. Wilson

Family member asked me to help in choosing a digital camera. Choice is
between Casio EX-Z750 and a Canon SD600, both at Costco.
I do not have the expertise to help so I solicit opinions here, please.
Which one would you choose and reason.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Dave

The choice you make has to do with the features you need in a camera, like
the focal length of the lens (optical and digital), if the camera needs to
be able to dock to a printer, size of the camera, etc.

Once you figure out what each camera has, you should go to
http://www.dpreview.com/ and compare the two and read the reviews.

Costco will take back anything if you don't want it (at least in my town).

Good luck

"Seamus J. Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Family member asked me to help in choosing a digital camera. Choice is
> between Casio EX-Z750 and a Canon SD600, both at Costco.
> I do not have the expertise to help so I solicit opinions here, please.
> Which one would you choose and reason.
> Thank you,
> Seamus J. Wilson

Seamus J. Wilson

Thank you for help.
Seamus J.

news:fzoeg.788$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> The choice you make has to do with the features you need in a camera, like
> the focal length of the lens (optical and digital), if the camera needs to
> be able to dock to a printer, size of the camera, etc.
>
> Once you figure out what each camera has, you should go to
> http://www.dpreview.com/ and compare the two and read the reviews.
>
> Costco will take back anything if you don't want it (at least in my town).
>
> Good luck
>

> "Seamus J. Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Family member asked me to help in choosing a digital camera. Choice is
>> between Casio EX-Z750 and a Canon SD600, both at Costco.
>> I do not have the expertise to help so I solicit opinions here, please.
>> Which one would you choose and reason.
>> Thank you,
>> Seamus J. Wilson

george

> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fzoeg.788$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> The choice you make has to do with the features you need in a camera,
>> like the focal length of the lens (optical and digital), if the camera
>> needs to be able to dock to a printer, size of the camera, etc.
>>
>> Once you figure out what each camera has, you should go to
>> http://www.dpreview.com/ and compare the two and read the reviews.
>>
>> Costco will take back anything if you don't want it (at least in my
>> town).
>>
>> Good luck

In addition to the excellent advice already given by "Dave", I'd also
strongly suggest that you try each camera that you are interested in as many
of the point and shoot digital cameras take awhile from the time you press
the shutter button to the time they actually focus and "get around to"
taking a photograph. If you're shooting bowls of fruit, no problem...if
you're shooting sports or children, well, you probably won't get too many
"keepers" if you pick the "wrong" camera for your needs.

Good luck.

Tass

Also try here...it's a great site.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/default.htm

"Seamus J. Wilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Family member asked me to help in choosing a digital camera. Choice is
> between Casio EX-Z750 and a Canon SD600, both at Costco.
> I do not have the expertise to help so I solicit opinions here, please.
> Which one would you choose and reason.
> Thank you,
> Seamus J. Wilson

Camer's Deals Classic Man Digital Photography 0 12-15-2009 10:50 PM
Absolute noob to Linux programming needs language choice help stylecomputers@gmail.com Python 10 06-26-2006 02:57 AM
Camer Quality Bob Digital Photography 3 05-07-2006 04:10 AM
newbie needs help on lens choice Nick Digital Photography 1 06-03-2004 04:46 PM
Choice of DHCP-server? Is the "IOS-one" a good choice? Fred Cisco 1 12-11-2003 06:25 AM

Advertisments