Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > photo sharing service - allow sharing under different names?

photo sharing service - allow sharing under different names?

spoon2001

Is there a photo sharing service out there that allows you to share photo
albums under different names - so that viewers looking at photo albums
("Dogs", "Cats") shared under one name could not see photo albums
("Religious", "Political") shared under a different name?

At the same time, I would prefer not to have to set up two different
"accounts" to manage the photos - I'd like to be able to manage all my
shared photos from one account.

Just for example, using a single Yahoo ID ("YahooID-1"), I can set up albums
in Yahoo Photos associated with that ID - "Dogs", "Cats", "Religious",
"Political". I can make each of these albums "Public" so that anybody can
view an album without needing a Yahoo ID or without having to log in. But
if I do this - anybody seeing the Public "Dogs" album can also see the
public "Political" album, since they are both under the same Yahoo ID -
"YahooID-1". I could set up a second Yahoo ID, and solve the problem that
way, but that's a big hassle.

I'm just wondering if there's a service out there that makes this easier.

simon

look at www.photography-cafe.com

Bruce Lewis

"spoon2001" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Is there a photo sharing service out there that allows you to share photo
> albums under different names - so that viewers looking at photo albums
> ("Dogs", "Cats") shared under one name could not see photo albums
> ("Religious", "Political") shared under a different name?

Yes. My ourdoings.com has the correct many-to-many relationship defined
between accounts and sites (sites being somewhat analagous to albums).
And people don't need to login to see private sites. You can create a
site like

http://ourdoings.com/unlisted/abc93rfx/

Anybody who knows the URL can get in. That way your political allies
don't need to share their email addresses with an untrusted third party
(me) to see photos from your activities.

If you happen to have a photo of your dog participating in a political
event, the photo can be published on both your political site and your
dog site without visitors to either site being able to find the other.

Generally, though, ourdoings.com is for automatically organizing photos
people.

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
photos for your family or group.